Conversion Fanboy Blog - (shameless plug)

scottshoemaker

• 3 weeks later...

From the blog:

"First of all thank you to everybody. I appreciate everyone whose checked out my blog here and bought my products. I've had some folks asking what's going on and in fairness I'll tell you.

The short answer is that between a full time job, family, 2 home businesses, and hobbies I was stretched too thin. It was becoming too much and affecting my clients and more important my family. Priorities, man, priorities.

I'm wrapping up a few mistakes I made regarding shipments and leaving the store closed. I would expect to a few posts, but my 2-3 times a week was way too aggressive. I'm now shooting for twice a month, but no promises.

I'm also closing to commissions. I can't make timeline commitments so I'd rather not get into any hot water.

As far as posts I'm going back to showing conversion projects rather than product builds. As my hobby time is now rather limited they'll be very focused on either my Orks or my Space Wolves, the only Armies I have left. "

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could the store be making a comeback?

That depends on you.  After discussion with the family and weighing the pros and cons it will be making a return in the future, all be it in a limited fashion.  I have a partnership in place for the return of the Hidden Objective markers.  He'll be handling the online sales and manufacturing of the kits and once he's ready I'll post the info you need to get those.  I'm going to refocus my initial idea of providing conversion components and original resin kits, building on what I have already started.  

This is where you come in.  As my time is limited I can't just guess at what I think folks want.  I need feedback.  What are you looking for?  I've gotten quite a bit of interest on Grot Mini Scrap tanks, so those are a distinct possibility.  Or what about Orc Truck Conversion kits?  Or maybe some kind of kit for the New Imperial Knight, to give some variety or a "looted" option?

My point is that I really enjoy building and casting this stuff, it's super fun and I learn a lot.  I'm not going to get rich doing it and I need to maintain a balance.  I want to keep my prices reasonable and not take advantage of the community.  

So make your voice heard!  Comment here or send an message!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...