Rate the Last Movie You Saw

14 hours ago, WestRider said:

Ant Man: Fun flick. I just kind of wish it had been less focused on Lang, and more of an Ensemble Heist Movie, because his crew was awesome, and I would have loved more screen time with them.

Also, I still kinda want to get to visit the alternate universe where Adam Scott got cast instead of Paul Rudd. It would have been a rather different film, but I think it would have been hilariously awesome.

Logan. That was Not OK. I am Not OK. Absolutely amazing, but I was not ready for something that intense today. I am seriously @%$#ed up right now.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dafne Keen is the best action star to show up in close to 20 years. I really, really hope she gets an X-23 movie with Mangold directing.

• Like 3

On 2/28/2017 at 6:37 PM, Burk said:

Saw two movies on a plane recently.

1. The accountant:  WOW how did I miss this movie. Great action, good acting and interesting twists (that are telegraphed early), but still fun.  7/10

2. Independence day - resurgence:  Went into it expecting crap and was surprised on how much I enjoyed it.  Definitely not high art, but was campy and fun.  4/10

Also on a plane, watched the accountant. 8/10 great movie, had me teared up but only because I had just watched 

Mr. Church, a mom gets diagnosed with cancer and her rich lover hires a chef to cook for her and her 12? Year old daughter for the last 6 months she has to live. Really heartfelt movie. 8/10 

• Like 2

Logan 4/10 - After all of the reviews i ended up watching this one. I was pretty let down by a pretty flat story line, appalling acting and lack of cohesion compared to the other films. Throwing Patrick Stewart in there with too many F Bombs was a shock to start with but reeked in desperation from the writers to try and finish off the wolverine series with a bang and the level of violence proved this as well. The over the top amount of blades through the skull got boring in the end. Story line was predictable and the bad guy lacked any depth at all. The only shining light was the young girl played by Dafne Keen. I can see her going onto a lot greater things in the future and played her role amicably even though she was a mute for 3/4 of the film. Sad that the wolverine series came to a conclusion with such a damp squib of a movie. 

20 hours ago, Purplepeopleeater said:

Hacksaw Ridge - 9/10 - Started slow but by the end, on the edge of my chair.

Rouge One - 5/10 - Vader going savage at the end is the only thing that saved this movie.

Assassin's Creed - 7/10 - Not bad for a video game movie.

Logan - 8/10 - Good movie, but was missing something.

Hmm I missed Rouge One, I did see Rogue One.  What was the difference with the storyline.  Was there more showgirls and dancing?  Better cosmetic lines?

Back on topic:

Conan - 10/10 what is not to like about this movie.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, WarlordGhrom said:

Conan - 10/10 what is not to like about this movie.

Please mean the 1982 version...please...

tumblr_nwr09oGZ2J1qhj7wqo1_400.jpg

Beauty and the Beast - 7/10 It is true, totally unnecessary live action remake of the Animated Movie that set Disney on a new level of films.  It is good, and if you have never seen the animated movie will be impressive...but Angela Landsbury's singing from the cartoon stands far and above the teapot in this.  Also, seeing Hermione be Belle...just seems wrong...

• Like 5

Dr. Strange: Probably biased by the fact that I don't like Cumberbatch, but no matter the reason, I found it pretty meh. Mordo and Kaecilius were the only engaging characters, everyone else felt pretty cookie-cutter.

I do want one of the sequels to feature Dr. Doom, tho, just so Strange can taunt him with the fact that Doom never actually earned his doctorate ;)

• Like 1

Finally saw Rogue One. Glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters. 3/5. I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon. I understand the idea of creating a filler between episode 3 and 4, due to the gap, but I didn't really like it. Depressing, mostly. Wasn't horrible, so I might watch it again, while distracted by model painting, but I wouldn't watch it with all my focus on it, just not that impressive on it's own.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Finally saw Rogue One. Glad I didn't pay to see it in the theaters. 3/5. I don't think I'll watch it again anytime soon. I understand the idea of creating a filler between episode 3 and 4, due to the gap, but I didn't really like it. Depressing, mostly. Wasn't horrible, so I might watch it again, while distracted by model painting, but I wouldn't watch it with all my focus on it, just not that impressive on it's own.

Different strokes, I guess.  Saw it in the theaters, loved it.  Almost as much as this guy loves Mozart.

994LTP_Gary_Oldman_005.jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Romans832 said:

Independence Day: Retribution - 8/10 - Fun turn your brain off.

Data is so much fun to watch, and his buzz phrases are hilarious.

Ugh, really? cuz I watched it this weekend as well. I would say more like 4/10? The queen thingy was cool, but the whole story was just garbage. There was never time to let the impending doom feeling to sink in like the first movie. Without that, it just felt like whatever happened was no big deal. And the ending was really horrid. "Hey, lets go hunt them down and kick alien butt across the stars! ayup!" barf!

On 4/1/2017 at 9:01 AM, Mach_5 said:

Ghost in the Shell was fantastic, whitewashing controversy aside.  I was too young when I watched the original anime to remember much of it but I'm told it was very true to the original.  8/10.

Hrm, pretty sure who ever told you it was true to the original never watched it :)  Other than they stole scenes and copied them directly, the story was VERY different.   I personally still enjoyed GitS and am a fan of the original as well.  A buddy of mine who is a bit more "fanatical" about GitS did not like the new movie due to the changes they made.  It was a very good movie IMO...

Ghost in the Shell (2017) 7/10

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Ugh, really? cuz I watched it this weekend as well. I would say more like 4/10? The queen thingy was cool, but the whole story was just garbage. There was never time to let the impending doom feeling to sink in like the first movie. Without that, it just felt like whatever happened was no big deal. And the ending was really horrid. "Hey, lets go hunt them down and kick alien butt across the stars! ayup!" barf!

There are SO many Ender's Game themes running through this movie it's not even funny.

I like to sit and watch movies and turn off my brain, I don't try too hard to figure them out or knit pick them.

And the times I do, normally can't stand the movie because my brain won't shut up

Logan 9.5/10. Tha best send off to a character ever. Cinematography was dark and menacing. The characters were the best they have ever been. X-23 and Patrick Stewart especially were amazing. Only the villains were meh.

Skull Island 6/10. Out of the 4 Kong films I know of this was just above the Jeff bridges 70's remake. Only thing good about it was it was on par with pacific rim and the beginning of a multiverse involving Godzilla.

Rogue One 8/10. Titanic in space. The plus's; Madds Mickelson, the snarky robot and Vader destroying people. Why can't we get a film of Vader during his hunt for the Jedi's?

• Like 2

Kill Command (2016, on Netflix now)

6 / 10

Sci-Fi flick about a group of marines training against robots that learn from them.  Thought it was going to be just low-budget schlock but the vehicles and robots are surprisingly cool.  Main character is an observer/ engineer whose acting is a little flat, but hey - she's a kinda-cyborg too so I guess that's in line.  Not bad to watch on a rainy afternoon or something.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 2:38 PM, andozane said:

Hrm, pretty sure who ever told you it was true to the original never watched it :)  Other than they stole scenes and copied them directly, the story was VERY different.   I personally still enjoyed GitS and am a fan of the original as well.  A buddy of mine who is a bit more "fanatical" about GitS did not like the new movie due to the changes they made.  It was a very good movie IMO...

Ghost in the Shell (2017) 7/10

Ghost in the Shell was good.  They cannibalized a lot from Stand Alone Complex.  The bad guy was similar to Laughing Man but not as good.  The acting was pretty good.  I mean watch Scarlet in Avengers and she plays Black Widow gracefully, like women typically are.  In Ghost in the Shell she walks with power and no grace, like I believe the Major would (Major is all power imo).  

The sets were amazing, the scenes were well done, the costumes of background character were awesome.  Casting was good.  Chief and Batu were great.  Togasa was good.  Sure Seito is black now and theres a new female thats fine.

The bads are Hollywood demands a back story and it was poorly done.  Majors character development is mostly crap.

All in all a good flick that is better at the theater.  However, the movie only made 19mil in America and 40mil worldwide with a 110 mil budget so its not going to stay in theaters long.

7.5/10

• Like 2

Sing - 7/10 - not a bad movie, but needed more music. Basically have to wait until the end before you get the good songs and performances.

Rogue One - 8/10 - one of the best Star Wars movies, not far behind Empire. I really would have liked to have seen the version that the original trailers hinted at. I did miss the opening credits scroll. So glad they are making more stories in the SW universe.

• Like 2