Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2.

3/5. It was cute and upbeat, and it was fun to watch, but the film is without new ideas. Honestly, the flow of this film was closer to music, than a film. I liked it, but won't likely watch it again, so 3/5 stars.

Warcraft

2/5. As a fan of the PC games, this was very disappointing. They took an excellent fantasy setting with an extended wealth of history, and then destroyed the good parts and kept the bad parts. Want to watch a battle in a fantasy setting where they use no tactics at all, that's this film. Want to see a bunch of warriors fighting in plastic-looking ceremonial armor, again, this film. Want to see a stupidly complex, bad plot - yeah, this film. Want to get a feel for why Warcraft has so many fans, sorry, not this film....

Resident Evil 1-5. There's a lot in these movies that's pretty bad. I can understand how they got terrible reviews. That said, there's a lot in them that's pretty awesome, too. I can also understand why the fans of the games are also into the movies. Finally, there's a surprisingly large amount of overlap between the above two categories. A lot of it is stuff that was adapted too closely from the games, and most of the rest is stuff that doesn't make any sense, but looks awesome.

• Like 1

Hangar 10: An attempt at a spiritual successor to The Blair Witch Project. Ends up coming across as just a knock-off, with aliens instead of a witch.

Extraterrestrial: Another entry in the Alien Abduction Horror subgenre. Had potential, but there are too many sub-plots that just get one or two scenes, and the chemistry between the two main characters was really weak, which just killed all the drama at the end.

Cowboys vs. Dinosaurs: Terrible in the very best way. I was amazed to find out this wasn't a SyFy original. Apparently it was intended for theatrical release. Not sure if it actually happened or not. The title basically tells you everything you need to know to determine how much you're going to like this :D

The Hybrid: Maybe it's just because I watched it right after CvD, but this one actually seemed a lot better to me than the reviews indicated. Not amazing, but perfectly solid, with some really cool bits.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Very fun. I must admit, I'm a little disappointed that Moondragon wasn't in it, but still, an absolutely worthy followup to the first one. There were a few little touches I really appreciated, and think I can point out without risk of spoilers, like some of Drax's interactions with Groot reminding me that he's the only one of the group who's been a parent, and I'm pretty sure there were at least two Big Trouble in Little China references.

• Like 2

Saw Guardians last night and was fine until about half way through where it went blah and had family issues and unrealistic fight scenes. It lack depth and any serious character progression. My mrs who is the biggest Marvel fan ever was disappointed but its still an enjoyable movie to watch but definitely not as good as the first one. I have found the more humor they try and throw into it it becomes more and more spoofie. Also didn't think the music selection was as good as the first film. Still great but not as good. I agree on everyone else views though and also give it a 7/10. Looking forward to the alien film though and will be getting opening weekend tickets to that as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WestRider said:

If unrealistic fight scenes bother you, you may want to stay away from Superhero stuff in general ;)

The first one was just a bit more realistic. Im not after super realistic just a bit more believable than last nights. The first movies fight scenes were fine. 

• Like 2

Guardians of the Galaxy II was amazaballs! I'd give 10/10. My kids and I laughed so hard, and there were so many WTH moments where my kids and I looked at each other like, did that really just happen. It out did the first, which was very hard to do. It's definitely in my top movie list forever.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Did it coincide with Jean Claudes acting career?

It actually overlapped, but it was Okinawan Goju Kempo, which is unlike basically anything you're going to see in a movie, and started a couple of years before I first saw one of his films (Hard Target).

• Like 2