Something Nurgley This Way Comes

JMGraham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some more plaguebearers done!

eCDx4CJ.jpg

T8kHKXB.jpg

Also, I started working on my Aegis Defense Line. I roughed out some simple pieces with foam core and cardboard, and made a mold of them. I did some casts in plaster, and carved up the pieces with a variety of files, clippers, and scribing tools. Glued them together, and started to fill the gaps with drywall spackle. Tonight, I'll sculpt some maggots and pustules with greenstuff. Then I'll make a mold of the completed pieces and cast the final Aegis Line in resin.

8t0k0LZ.jpg

• Like 1

Got the Aegis line for my Nurgle army finished up. I didn't pressure cast these, so there are some bubbles on some pustules and maggots. Those are easy enough to greenstuff for mine - if I end up selling these, I can cast some more, clean them up, and then make a mold where I can do the whole thing in one go.

Fronts and backs of the wall sections

o8eAaHg.jpg

bZ22gwo.jpg

I just made a generic base, and reckoned I could add on what bits I needed.

xDJOTuf.jpg

A whole set, cast up and ready to go

tlJaG1T.jpg

A droning of plaguebearers, enjoying a 2+ cover save while manning the quad gun I made from defiler bits. bet you didn't know that a group of plaguebearers was called a "droning", eh? 

qXmhOYh.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, all!

I don't have any new Nurgle stuff on the paint table yet, but I do have some more terrain stuff I've been working on - hopefully post some pictures this weekend. While I still have a LOT more Nurgle to paint before the OFCC, I want to see how the new ruleset pans out before possibly painting stuff I can't use.

It'll be hard to resist not painting some of the new Wood Elves, too!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And, I'm finally done! With the army, that is. Still have one piece of set decoration and a display board to paint.

My Nurgle Bikes:

J3qvfv6.jpg

My horrible lime green test rhino finally got a repaint

3q65FYV.jpg

A squad of Plague Marines to go in them:

OvLf6L1.jpg

My second unit of Plague Bearers, consisting of the first GW model I purchased and a variety of my facorite models from across the editions:

wUK9vGn.jpg

The entire warband of Morbus Maggotkin, Exalted of Nurgle. Put on my Necron display board (which will get a repaint in grey for the tournament) and squeezed into my lightbox (which is too small for the job).

uFGBigo.jpg

Some poorly-lit closeups:

0uHwZAl.jpg

QP0fjH4.jpg

Ab3ZsZE.jpg

jnDzL1m.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

And, that's it! While I'm glad to not be painting green right now, I may resurrect this project log when the new heretics and renegades IA book comes out. The rumors say they'll be treated the same as CSM in the ally matrix, and it would be great to expand the army into some traitor guard. Here's some last pictures (and a video) of the army in our team display board from before the OFCC (I think there were still a few unpainted Nids then)

jRvneJTl.jpg

9rZqVDTl.jpg

FmHAVdtl.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

New edition! New models for the old army!

I assembled the stock poxwalkers from the new box set, and wanted a Typhus to lead them/ With a few snips, I converted the axe of the Chaos Lord to a scythe, for my Typhus conversion:

99EBtqB.jpg

I was also MORTIFIED to discover that the Great Unclean One in the new book was less resilient and had fewer wounds than the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change. WTF, GW? Papa Nurgle is big. Papa Nurgle is tough! Papa Nurgle deserves better!

A Glottkin, a Chaos Renegade Knight kit, lots of putty, and a couple of days later, and I have a proper centerpiece for the new edition. My Knight Titan conversion. Poxwalker for scale.

3T3taxA.jpg

7qYHTrF.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_Rat_Catchers said:

@JMGraham with the new Nurgle tanks, Morty, and the whispers of wholesome terminators on the horizon, have you thought of using the Blightkings for terminator conversions? I've picked a few up along with single handed shotguns, bolters and some DG termie shoulder pads. Hoping they fit together nicely!

Genius! I'll be excited to see them when they're done. I don't usually use terminators (though I have some of the Forge World Death Guard models), but if I wanted more, I'd steal the hell out of that idea! 

• Like 1