Rate the last series/season you saw (TV)

Been watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine on Netflix. I'm on season 4, now. Never really got into it before (I liked STNG a lot and disliked Voyager). Rating varies by episode, but I think it ranges between 3/5 and 4/5. Some of their reocuring characters really shouldn't be, and the show suffers from the setting being a space station, rather than a space ship, though they manage to maintain the optimism and good natured protagonists that STNG offered. 

• 3 weeks later...

Castlevania: F Yeah! It's written by Warren Ellis. If you know his work, your expectations are probably fairly close to the mark. For those who don't, be aware that even tho it's animated, it is absolutely not for kids.

It is totally awesome tho. Like even more so than Amadeus Cho. I only had two issues with it: First, it's very short. The first Season is only like 90 minutes. Second, now I have to wait for Season 2. Not bad problems to have :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doctor who Series 10:

3/5. I like doctor who, but this has been the worst season so far. Definitely seems higher budget, but I'm not enjoying it as much as with previous seasons. They definitely tried some new things with this season (lesbian and a bald white guy for side kicks, plus the really old Doctor from the previous season), which I liked and I do like the overall direction the series is going, but the episodes themselves seem rather mediocre in plot. Perhaps they've just done everything.  And they keep pushing this "end of the doctor" which is depressing, with depressing being a direction that Doctor Who, the show, doesn't normally go. Not as enjoyable as a depressing show. I like the energetic, upbeat doctor, and this isn't that. So 3/5 with high hopes at a better next season (2/5 if this is the end...). 

5 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Doctor who Series 10:

3/5. I like doctor who, but this has been the worst season so far. Definitely seems higher budget, but I'm not enjoying it as much as with previous seasons. They definitely tried some new things with this season (lesbian and a bald white guy for side kicks, plus the really old Doctor from the previous season), which I liked and I do like the overall direction the series is going, but the episodes themselves seem rather mediocre in plot. Perhaps they've just done everything.  And they keep pushing this "end of the doctor" which is depressing, with depressing being a direction that Doctor Who, the show, doesn't normally go. Not as enjoyable as a depressing show. I like the energetic, upbeat doctor, and this isn't that. So 3/5 with high hopes at a better next season (2/5 if this is the end...). 

800b350eb778890b0cf30e2843967ec8.png

It is not the end. While I disagree with much of what you said, if you are looking for a younger doctor, I have good news for you:

jodie_doctor_who.jpg?itok=anE6qMd2

Although, the Christmas episode will be both of the 'oldest' incarnations of the doctor (in many ways, including two oldest actors (I believe), first (so oldest in our world) incarnation and 12th (so oldest in universe) incarnation). It is possible we will have a regeneration at the end of the Christmas episode, but we will definitely have a death. Chances are we will not see 13 until a year or so after the Christmas episode.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Legends:

On Netflix there is a show with Sean Bean called Legends. Ignore Season One. Season Two is a start over and it is brilliant. I highly recommend it. It is Sean Bean at his best. It is great spy thriller. 9/10

Shooter: It is like 24's poorer cousin. Highly watchable and great to paint to.  7.5/10

7 minutes ago, Raindog said:

Legends:

On Netflix there is a show with Sean Bean called Legends. Ignore Season One. Season Two is a start over and it is brilliant. I highly recommend it. It is Sean Bean at his best. It is great spy thriller. 9/10

Shooter: It is like 24's poorer cousin. Highly watchable and great to paint to.  7.5/10

I'll have to check out Legends after we finish up Defenders

17 hours ago, WestRider said:

Just finished up Defenders. I had lost track of where I was in the series because I couldn't bring myself to stop and just kept letting it auto-continue, and hadn't realized I was so close to the end. Very good stuff, possibly my favorite of the Netflix Marvel series so far.

Just finished it as well.  It was well paced and at 8 episodes cruised right along.  I thought it did each of the characters justice and continued the Netflix/Marvel tradition of having solid antagonists.  They definitely setup future story arcs for each of the characters. 

Overall it was a good payoff for the various individual series.  

Oh, and Jessica snarking everyone in sight was really the best part of the show.  

• Like 1

Did someone say Narcos yet? It's a pretty good pastiche of standard cop drama spliced with newsreels for an authentic feel. They cast the recognizable characters pretty well. Nothing ground breaking but if you like Scarface or Miami Vice or stuff of that oeuvre and want a longer, based-on-real-events story you'd probably be into it.