Rate the last series/season you saw (TV)

"My Cat From Hell"

Reality show on Animal planet I think.  I watched on Netflix.  It's about 'the Cat Whisperer.'  I enjoy documentaries, and I try to watch it as I would those, rather than as a modern 'reality show.'  It's pretty cool, especially if you have cats.  

A friend suggested it to me after she watched a few episodes with her kids, who had been watching it for awhile.  

Man....so much TV since I last posted.

Justified: 8/10. Very much enjoyed it. Well told story. Very similar to white collar or the mentalist, but still a enjoyable show. 

Vampire Knight: 10/10. Both seasons, anime. I've watched this one a few times. I may have a weak point for this type of show, so others might not enjoy as much. It's one of those shows I have trouble watching slowly. Each episode demands you watch the next and by the end, you've lost quite a bit of sleep. I think the target audience is probably younger girls....

Sekirei 9/10, first two seasons. Another one I've seen before and enjoy, despite probably being a bad show to other people... This one has the same exact plot as pokemon, except instead pokemon, their "trainers" are collecting females - classic japanese animation....I do enjoy the plot, though it's one of those ones where I don't think most people watch it for the plot. 

Star Trek Next Generation, first two seasons. Love this show, 10/10. Not crazy about the other star trek, but this one really got it right. 

• 3 weeks later...

Attack on Titan 9/10 - I don't watch a lot of anime, as so much of it is complete crap.  However, this series was really amazing.  Everything in it is well done, the visuals are beautiful, the music is dark and beautiful, the story is original, and the whole feel of the show is hauntingly dark.  It has a game of thrones aspect in that no character is safe, and your favorites are often killed off.  There is only one season out now, but I am really excited to see what comes from this series in the future.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Arrow 4 out of 5

I saw a couple episodes in passing in the past year that had left me unimpressed, mostly due to bad acting.  Well, I decided to give it a shot from the beginning.  The First Season was getting too Cowls of our Lives for me.  The Second Season has had a lot more action and a lot less soap opera.  I almost dropped it during the first season, because the acting and the Daytime Soap feel.  I'm glad I didn't.  I don't feel Season Two is awesome, but everyone is growing into their characters very well.  I'm looking forward to Season 3 as a result.  I'm hoping this continues to develop, much like Next Gen, the first couple seasons being a bit of a struggle and then reaching it's stride.  

I've never read Green Arrow comics, so it is all new to me.  I've been enjoying it overall.  It's a series I'd watch again in the future.

• Like 1

Peaky Blinders: Seasons 1-2.  7/10 This is actually kind of a mini series in that there are only 6 episodes in a season, not quite a brutal as Sherlock.

It's a some what historically based story about a street gang called Peaky Blinders in the late 19th century.  I found it captivating if a little predictable, but worth my time.  Gritty violence and poor conditions of the times are evident in the story, but what really drew my in was the military connection/background.

• 4 weeks later...

American Weed - 5/10

Documentary Series covering 'Rado Medical Cannabis scene.  It could be very educational for individuals who aren't familiar with the Medical culture.  I like that it shows the Grow aspect, the Dispensary aspect, the Patient aspect and Law Enforcement aspect.  Every episode touches on all of those.  The Law aspect generally shows the abuse that's happening in the Medical Industry, or the difficulties that Law Enforcement in Medical states are having as a result of these laws.  I do not like the main Brother in one of the ops they have going.  To me, he's one of the things wrong with the medical cannabis industry.

I don't think I'd watch the series again, but I think there are aspects of it that make it both a good informational piece, and a horrible informational piece.  But I've been toking for 15 years, so I may be a bit biased in my views.

• 2 weeks later...

Once Upon a Time

This is a guilty pleasure and I don't want to rate it, because rating it is admitting to enjoying it.  And I don't want to enjoy it.

DAMN YOU, DISNEY!

It's a retelling of all the Public Domain stories that Disney tries to get people to think they made.  It's done very well, though.  Sometimes the graphics start looking like those old Adventure Tapes or Laser Disc things.  Most of the time, it's about the caliber you'd expect from an ABC/Disney TV Show.  The cast is all pretty strong, too. 

One of the things I like about it is the adjustment to genealogy.  Things like The Evil Queen is the daughter of the Queen of Hearts, or Peter Pan is the villain in Neverland, and did some nasty stuff to Rumpelstiltskin when Rumple was a child visiting Neverland contributing to Rumple being the nasty prick he is.  

It's a great [big bad swear word]ing show.

[big bad swear word].

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sleepy Hollow Season 2. Definite sophomore slump, but they left it at a spot where they've got some good potential for a Season 3 if they get renewed. However, there's also a lot of potential for Season 3 to fall prey to the same issues as Season 2.

Basically, it feels like they're trying to avoid getting canceled like Firefly did, so they're not properly working their pacing for the seven year arc that the show should have. But at the same time, they're not able to let go of that possibility, so there are weird things that feel like they should get resolved quickly, but are left open, while other things that should be setting up long term arcs are getting tied off way too soon. It's messing up some of the characterization, too, particularly screwing over Katrina, who should have been a way cooler character.

I do like me some Agent Carter. Better than Agents of Shield, imo.

I wholeheartedly agree. Agents of Shield started out "meh" for me, and then completely drove me away a half-dozen or so episodes in, for reasons that I'm not going to discuss here because they'd send this thread straight to Realm of Chaos.

Even before that, tho, I disliked a bunch of the main cast and the writing, and the only character I actively liked was Melinda May.

For those that did not trudge through Agents of Shield to the point of the x-over with Captain America 2: Winter Soldier, and the end of Season 1, you are seriously missing out.  That show went from crap to suddenly very exciting.

Season 2 is right there and even got better with adding more cast and characters.

Also...Inhumans

'nuff said

• Like 1