Pumpkinhead's GSC for the OFCC

PumpkinHead

Trying to figure out what I want to bring to the OFCC and my iterations of lists will probably follow. Questions and comments are welcomed. I have only gotten in a couple of games with the GSC so I am not very good at judging their power level yet.

Comes out to 1999 pts (as long as excel didn't lie to me). The iconward would go in the unit of abberants. 

Tyranid CAD

Flyrant

Flyrant 

venomthrope

2x mucolid

First Curse

1 Patriarch, lvl 2 psycher, 2x familiars.

20 Purestrain Genestealers

Brood Cycle

Iconward w/ ascendant banner

5x acolyte hybrids

5x acolyte hybrids

5x acolyte hybrids

5x neophyte hybrids

5x neophyte hybrids

5x hybrid metamorphs

5x Genestealers

Subterranean Uprising

Primus

5x hybrid metamorphs w/ 3x claws

5x hybrid metamorphs w/ 2x claws, 2x whips

10x acolyte hybrids

10x acolyte hybrids

6x aberrants

• Like 2

I guess im having a hard time understanding why first curse is so strong? The stealers have an invul but they still die to everything. 20 5++'s is not so hard to get through with shooting phase, psychic phase, plus overwatch.

Msu rending squads still have a 6+ save? Ya, that means target saturation for your opponent. But a decent opponent will prioritize.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

I guess im having a hard time understanding why first curse is so strong? The stealers have an invul but they still die to everything. 20 5++'s is not so hard to get through with shooting phase, psychic phase, plus overwatch.

Msu rending squads still have a 6+ save? Ya, that means target saturation for your opponent. But a decent opponent will prioritize.

Not dismissing anytyhing you are saying here. GSC Surely has weaknesses,

GSC has teh ability to put 100+ models in your opponents in the enemy deployment zone before the game starts. Double that with shrouding turn one so if in cover all your models have a 3+ save, makes it really bad for casuals lists, which is what the majority of OFCC is. First curse would have shrouded and stealth turn one so getting through that can be harder for many casual lists.

The GSC have their special infiltrate table (cult ambush) that allows them to roll and deploy as described. It ranges from walking onto the table, to normal infilatrate, to infiltrate closer then normal, then getting to shoot before the game starts, and the dreaded '6' assaulting first turn after infiltrating 3 inches away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainA said:

GSC, IMO, will be a terror for many casual games. The amount of bodies that one can put on the table is pretty staggering.I would work on allying Tyranids with less flyrants and more gribblies. Or more GSC transports. or IG allies.

I was hoping to not have 150 models on the table. I will take another crack at it tonight and see what I come up with.

• Like 1

Round 2:

Tyranid CAD:

• Deathleaper
  • Flyrant w/ 2x TL Dev
  • 3x zoanthrope
  • tyrannocyte
  • mucolid
  • 20x termagants w/ 15 devourers
  • tyrannocyte

First Curse

• 1 Patriarch, lvl 2 psycher, 2x familiars
  • 20 Purestrain Genestealers

Sub Up

• Primus
  • 10x Hybrid w/ 3 claws
  • 10x hybrids w/ 2 claws, 2 whips
  • 10x Acolyte w/ icon
  • 10x Acolyte w/ icon
  • 10x Acolyte w/ icon
  • 10x Acolyte w/ icon
  • 5x Aberrants

Thinking I may turn SUB UP into a CAD, drop some Acolytes and get some neophytes in there for some blobby shooting, and maybe a magus to help keep them around... 

• Like 1

New list...  EDITED list... cause the ADL makes for a stagnant unit, and I am not sure that is best for GSC, so I have removed the ADL and buffed up some units.

Tyranid CAD

• DEATHLEAPER
  • FLYRANT
  • LICTOR
  • LICTOR
  • LICTOR
  • MUCOLID
  • MUCOLID

First Curse

• PATRIARCH
  • 20x GENESTEALERS

Sub Up

• PRIMUS
  • 10x HYBRID w/ 2claw, 2 whip
  • 10x ACOLYTES w/ icon
  • 10x ACOLYTES w/ icon
  • 10x ACOLYTES w/ icon
  • 5x ABERRANTS 

GSC CAD

• MAGUS w/ lvl 2, 2x familiar, crouchling 
  • MAGUS w/ lvl 2, 2x familiar 
  • 20x NEOPHYTE w/ 2x flamer, 2x seismic cannon
  • 20x NEOPHYTE w/ 2x flamer, 2x mining laser
  • Like 2

• PumpkinHead changed the title to OFCC list noodling GSC + Tyranid, thoughts?
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PumpkinHead said:

Going forward with the list, I think I am in trouble... I still have to assemble 52 models and paint 66 of them. Knowing how fast I paint and assemble, I may get done the day before OFCC... Wish me luck!

Perhaps you should look into borrowing a few models from another player.

Since everyone else does these things I figured I might try one. 

Yesterday was my first planned hobby day. I was free from 5pm onwards. I was going to have help putting models together and I was going to be surrounded by gaming friends... Perfect storm for getting lots of assembly done. Well... life happened and I put together 6, yes 6, whole acolytes. So I am off to a brilliant start.

• Like 2