League Survey

savion47

OBBL Coaches Survey  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How long of a break between seasons?

• No Break
    • 1-2 Months
    • 3-4 Months
    • 5-6 Months
    • I hate BB and never want to play again!
  2. 2. Should we require cards separate from inducements?

• No Cards
    • All Cards
    • Only those from the Box Set (Special Events & Misc. Mayhem)
    • Only the Hall of Fame Pack (Heroic Feats & Magical Memorabilia)
  3. 3. Should we charge to be in the league? All league dues go to paying for club supplies (like the new Ordo Bowl pitches! and prizes)

• No, keep it free!!!
    • Yes $10 a Season
    • Yes $15 a Season
    • Yes $20 a Season

On 3/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, savion47 said:

As an obvious example, someone with the auto-tie card in their deck has an advantage over someone who does not have the card in theirs; even if both coaches are drawing from the same deck. A coach who plays every game with a chance to draw the Auto-tie card has a distinct advantage over those who did not acquire the card.

Isn't it equally a liability as his opponent can draw the Auto-tie card?

I really despise the cards for league play. The game is balanced based on everyone knowing what the opposing team is capable of depending on chance. It adds an extra level of unknown chaos beyond kick off events and the randomness of die rolls. They are also very poorly balanced even within an individual deck.

I love playing tabletop, but the forced use of cards would end my interest in league play.

I have no problem with card use in friendlies. Friendlies would be strengthened by encouraging card use, dungeon bowl or other play variants. If the players involved agree on their use. 

Edited by Vraeden
Additional comments
  • Like 3

These responses lead me to believe very few people have played with the Heroic Feats deck from the Hall of Fame pack. Not only are the cards much tamer (typical card is "one player gains the Catch skill for this turn"), but the deck is larger than all the others, providing lots of variety. It adds those moments when a player truly makes a special play without guaranteeing any success. I think they are made for league play and create fun events. 

The Magical Memorabilia deck that also comes in the Hall of Fame pack is very nice, though I won't try to make a case for it compared to Heroic Feats. If we played with just HF as a league standard, I'd be happy. Blood Bowl should not be devoid of random funness. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jollyork said:

These responses lead me to believe very few people have played with the Heroic Feats deck from the Hall of Fame pack. Not only are the cards much tamer (typical card is "one player gains the Catch skill for this turn"), but the deck is larger than all the others, providing lots of variety. It adds those moments when a player truly makes a special play without guaranteeing any success. I think they are made for league play and create fun events. 

The Magical Memorabilia deck that also comes in the Hall of Fame pack is very nice, though I won't try to make a case for it compared to Heroic Feats. If we played with just HF as a league standard, I'd be happy. Blood Bowl should not be devoid of random funness. 

I've only played with the boxed set cards. I'm such a noob. :sad: