New Custodes and SoS Releases

pretre

Codex: Adeptus Custodes (found by Modular - gw-fanworld.net)

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/codex-adeptus-custodes.html

BLPROCESSED-18-03-Custodes_Cover_OrderNo

Codex: Adeptus Custodes

A Warhammer 40,000 Codex

As part of the Talons of the Emperor, the Adeptus Custodes are the golden claws of the Imperial Eagle, the bringers of Terra’s bellicose vengeance across the galaxy. Their gleaming weapons and pageantry of war incorporate the finest examples of the battle-artificer’s skill. This codex gives you full rules for adding Adeptus Custodes to your Warhammer 40,000 armies.

CONTENTS
– Three datasheets: Custodian Guard Squad, Venerable Dreadnought & Land Raider
– One detachment: Golden Legion Task Force
– Armoury of the Adeptus Custodes and Aegis of the Emperor special rule
– Adeptus Custodes Warlord Traits
– Background for the Adeptus Custodes' return to the galaxy
– A showcase of Adeptus Custodes Citadel Miniatures

DESCRIPTION
The hour of action is nigh. With the surge of Chaos activity across the galaxy and the threat of eternal damnation more real than ever, the Adeptus Custodes have taken their vow of protection to its logical extreme – they will see the destruction of those forces who pose a threat to the sanctity of Terra. Clad in baroque, golden artificer armour and armed with priceless relic weaponry, the Adeptus Custodes make for a magnificent sight. They tower over mortal men; each has the statuesque physique of an ancient hero, close to nine feet in height even without his scarlet-crested helm. On the battlefield they are a force to be reckoned with – with guardian spear and ornate broadsword alike, they cut a swathe through the foe, bringing entire armies of traitors and renegades to their knees with the might of the Emperor himself.

This codex includes the full rules for Adeptus Custodes in games of Warhammer 40,000, including a detachment for adding them to your armies, and rules for mighty Custodes Dreadnoughts and Land Raiders!

Small amount of units, but better than an 'aux detachment' I guess

Some more pics

BLPROCESSED-IMG_0254.PNG

BLPROCESSED-IMG_0255.PNG

BLPROCESSED-IMG_0256.PNG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rules for Custodians and Sisters of Silence themselves have changed little.
As for Custodians, even those without Storm Shield have basic 5+ invul. Sadly, they still do not have assault grenades.
The Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought has, obviously, the Venerable special rule with stats same of that of Space Marines.
However, just like its infantry brethrens it can Deep Strike.
The Venerable Land Raider is 10 percent more expensive than basic land raider, but has 5+ invul like Custodian Guard.
In addition, it ignores crew shaken & stunned results and BS5. Needless to say, it also has Venerable Special rule.
The unique detachment for Custodians allows you too also take the dreadnought, and has new benefits.
One of them is allowing your deep striking units to roll only a single d6 when they scatter, and re-roll deep strike mishap table.

Sisters of Silence are now divided into 3 separate units depending on equipment.
The unit with greatblades are the cheapest, the bolter unit same as before, and the flamer unit most expensive.
The most notable change, in my opinion, is that the Sisters' Rhino also has Psychic Abomination special rule for only 10 more points.
So basically if you take a unit of sisters and a dedicated Rhino, you have two units onthe battlefield which can nullify psychics.
Null Maiden Task Force has also received new benefits like Custodians'.
The biggest bonus is that you can add 3" to the range of Psychic Abomination for every unit on the battlefield after the first.
This means that if you take maximum three squads of sisters and three dedicated Rhinos for them, their anti-psychic range increases to 27" when all the units are on the battlefield. I personally think this detachment is the real winner of this release.

• Like 1

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-[REDACTED]. Now I need to buy another box set for my All Imperial Experence army list?!? Guess I'll have to spawn that first born I've been holding off on. All jokes aside I am stoked that we can now field those glorious Golden Road Cones of The Emperor. And the SoS are great too. Tempted to just duct tape em to my Russes.

• Like 1

Null-maiden rhinos easily the most cost-efficient and versatile models in this dex

Also "Rite of Annulment" what the [big bad swear word] - with this you could take 3 units of Sisters of Silence, each with a transport, and every single one of them will have a 27"-radius anti-psyker bubble. 

1 hour ago, pretre said:

That's a hefty chunk of points for what you get though. Against a psyker list? Sure, it's neat as long as they don't pop any of those rhinos. Against anyone else? Ouch, that's a points sink.

Oh for sure, I think generally it'd be very difficult to fit those units into a balanced list. I just mean what's possible in terms of mechanics is quite WTF-worthy.

The rhinos though, those are definitely worth taking - being able to move your bubble 18" a turn is huge.

• Like 1

On March 20, 2017 at 9:49 AM, pretre said:

That's a hefty chunk of points for what you get though. Against a psyker list? Sure, it's neat as long as they don't pop any of those rhinos. Against anyone else? Ouch, that's a points sink.

Agree, seems like a Point Sink. Especially given that the only defense it offers against Summoning is the denial of warp charges by moving very close to your opponent. 

Does seem like this army would really nerf GK and Tzeentch, but I question the viability against other armies. 

20 hours ago, pretre said:

You don't really need to get that close. 27" radius from 3 rhinos is basically the board.

27" means that to cover my backfield in dawn of war, you must move 15" directly forward. So if we start 24" apart, it means that I can move 6" forward and have a 3" charge to attack your rhino...Seems pretty close to me. Basically, the rhino can't be a transport if you use it like this, just because the rhino becomes a suicidal unit that sacrifices itself to deny turn 1 psykers (might be worth it). 

Though this does make a good case for the inclusion of units that can attact in the movement phase (there's a few). 

I think this is a great thing that will bring some flavor to certain armies for sure. Even though I'm putting together a super Tzeentch list - Magus, Lord of Change, Fateweaver and support, I'm not to worried on the whole. Having played large events for some time now, I remember being absolutely terrified by the cullexus with my centstar, then went many events and never saw it played. There is typically a lot of doom and gloom with this kind of thing but a person has to devote 300+ points with it to shut down a specific type of build, which I think most top players won't end up doing. Of course there will those games that will suck as I"m fielding against that 27" bubble, but most of the time I should only be facing an 18 inch or 12 inch bubble and be able to play around that. I think that most players are the 99% and not the top so we should just play for us, set our own goals, and not worry too much about these meta shifts we see.

Or at least that is what I tell myself at night as I'm crying and worrying about those dang sisters in that rhino shutting down the Maggoat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pretre said:

Or, I can just create a huge bubble that you can't go in and have any blessings in DoW. If you're more than 27" away from me in every direction, I'm chilling and feeling fine.

Not that I'm staying 27" away, but that my psykers are staying 27" away so they can do their summons. Blessings are nice, but I'd rather have more guys. Plus I can't take daemon allies for my "loyalists" in ITC, but I can summon them....