Justjokin's Ordo Infinity Spring League Thread

Justjokin

Better late than never!  

I was able to start in the 2nd week of Jay's Spring Infinity League.  I hadn't seen my models since Raindog's Rampage.  Hadn't built a list.  Hadn't read up on the rules.  

Really I was completely unprepared for league night.  Oh and I showed up late.  I was just fine hanging out and easing back into the Infinity vibe after a couple months off.  

Nope, Jay says Build a list.  I built a list :).  Jay says play Pete!  I proceed to get wrecked by Pete's Aleph :).  But it was great, Pete made the ass whoopin fun and educational.  Thanks Pete!

My week 2 list was in incoherent mess.  And then that's how I played.  Combined was not so good.  

Pete ran a new guy though a demo mission, and I got to play as the opposing force.  The idea being to just explore the dice and order mechanics, rather than play to win.  It was fun!  I love being a part of welcoming someone new into our community, and I always feel like I understand something better every time I explain it to someone else.  

Raindog and I spent some time discussing basic Haqq play philosophy and the virtues of Bahram sectorial lists.  OH! and Mutts!  

Then we hit the Rogue branded old Green Dragon.  Good food, I liked the cider(can't remember the name).  No Capt. Morgan.

With Raindog's heavy influence (Thanks Raindog!), my week 3, first swing at a Bahram list:

We'll see if I actually retained any of the shared knowledge on Sunday!  Practice improves performance!

logo_402.png Ordo 2017 Spring League - Week 3 300pts
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  
logo_25.pngLEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_2.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
logo_9.pngFIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
logo_5.pngBARID (Forward Observer) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_4.pngMUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_18.pngNASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
logo_16.pngSHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_11.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_11.pngMUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
logo_4.pngMUYIB Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher (Normal and Smoke Ammo.) / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 3

Ok, so Al Fasid is not Asawira.  I still need to acquire that one.  Got a new list though...

Similar idea reworked.  I have the Shaytaniyah, but it's not built yet.  I have two haris teams in the second group.  I know I can't have them both active at the same time, but it's still ok to have them?  I figure one will be reduced to combat ineffective before the match is finished, so redundancy?  I think it's maybe a question of wasting .5 SWC if it is legal.  

Keeping in mind that I want to avoid direct gun fights, unless it's upclose and I have the dice advantage.  The Govads hold down the rear with MSV, also button pushers if needed.  The Asawira Haris moves forward behind the Mutt rush.  The Ghulams with ML, hacker, and Spec fire support wherever the action is.  The Barids FO and button push, but I found myself short on cheap regular options at this point.  Hence the CSU.  Army tells me it's not ITS, so I guess I'll need to find a different option in the future.  Maybe a Kameel minesweeper?

logo_402.png Ordo Spring League 2017 - Week 3 - 300pts - 20x20

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_25.pngLEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_2.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 13)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 13)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  
logo_3.pngGOVAD Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_3.pngGOVAD (Number 2) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
logo_3.pngGOVAD (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_8.pngASAWIRA (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 44)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
logo_4.pngMUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
logo_4.pngCSU Breaker Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 2

It's still okay to have two models with Haris, it will just break the active one if you use a command token to form the second together. The merc CSU isn't allowed in ITS lists, I have no idea if that applies to 20x20 or not.  I don't personally have an issue with it, but you may want to find another filler for that position in the future. 

• Like 1

Ok so what can we learn from Sunday's trouncing...

1.  I have no idea what I'm doing when I'm deploying.  I thought I had a plan, but it didn't even make it to first contact with the enemy...

2.  I have no idea what I am doing with a hacker with a marksman rifle.  

3. I think I stacked to much SWC in my Fireteam:Core.  The FO had no place in that team.

4.  When my Mutts throw smoke, they like to wait for the enemy fire to arrive before throwing smoke.  

5.  I did well with my Asawira/Muyib Haris team.  Was glad to have the Doc there with the Asawira when he folder.  

6. The Govads and their MSV1 was nice moving up behind my Mutt smoke, the few times the actually went off. 

I'll rework the list and be back at it next week!

• Like 1

logo_402.png Ordo Spring League 2017 - Week 4 - 300pts - 20x20

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png5  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_2.pngGHULAM Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_2.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_2.pngGHULAM HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 20)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  
logo_3.pngGOVAD Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_3.pngGOVAD Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
logo_3.pngGOVAD (Fireteam: Haris) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
logo_8.pngASAWIRA (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 44)
logo_4.pngMUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
logo_19.pngKAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 1

I've run extra models for a link to grab if a model goes down to keep at full strength. I don't think the points are wasted as long as the redundant models still have a roll. Can they block fire lanes, cover your backside, last minute objective grabs, etc. Plus you can drop links for free and form new ones for a command token. So you can run a link up the board drop into suppressive fire via coordinated order and then form another link with another command token and use them. It's a fun tactic. 

• Like 1

Ok, thinking about dropping the Ghulams for a Full team of Govads.  2 Less orders overall.  I'm still trying to work out if the trade off was too much.

logo_402.png Hassassin Bahram

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  
logo_4.pngMUYIB (X Visor) Heavy Rocket Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 22)
logo_3.pngGOVAD HMG / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 29)
logo_3.pngGOVAD Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_3.pngGOVAD Sniper Rifle / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
logo_3.pngGOVAD Boarding Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
logo_3.pngGOVAD Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png4  orden_irregular.png4  orden_impetuosa.png4
logo_2.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_5.pngBARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_5.pngBARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

• Like 2