Disciples of tzeentch

derek

Disciples of Tzeentch are an interesting army in the game.

They probably have the best combination of Ranged Mortal Wound generation short of Clan Eshrin in the game.

Arcanite/Mortal Tzeentch are the big winners because the Tzangor Shaman on a Disk is both a Daemon and an Arcanite meaning they can pick from any of the Spells pools and Relics while also benefitting from a Lord of Change Command Ability.

The Skyfire with the Destiny Dice can generate quite a few MW in Shooting while the caster do it in the Hero Phase.

The Enlightned are quite hard hitting with the rerolls.

A Gaunt Summoner on a Balewind Vortex is the bane of any horde list

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, derek said:

So I haven't played much AOS since like September is the local meta super competitive or is it still in the if you're a dick you'll get shunned because nobody wants to power play 

Its still pretty mellow from what im seeing,,there are some players running top tier stuff,,SCE,Beastclaws and Sylvaneth,,from what ive seen of it,nothings seemed uber hard as yet.

What we are doing with the events is using the Best Coast Pairings and players are gaining ITC rank points..now this puts players in a ranking with one another,and thats cool to follow now and then.But it also ranks players as a whole amongst all the AoS players in the states(mostly western states though).Its a fun think to look at now and then but trying to hardcore your way to the top is near impossible unless you start traveling around all the time and get as many events in as possible,,I think most are just happy to see a few ranks of progress amongst the masses when they are able to attend events.Its pretty much the way the old MTG circut used to be,,,getting in the top 10%  pretty much required not having a life lol.

I am working on painting up a full 2000 point list for the OFCC this year, I have everything built I just am trying to get it all painted up. I have yet to play the list but I think it will do pretty good, not crazy good mind you. But I think it will be a lot of fun to play and be fairly competitive. Just with the Tzeentch fate dice alliance ability it should make it a pretty good army to play. But there are a ton of Tzeentch specific spells and some great battalions to choose from. I think Tzeentch is the rare army that should be pretty good at all aspects of the game, shooting, spell casting and close combat.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Gaunt Summoner with Familiars (120)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)

5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 1990/2000

On 3/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, deadwing34 said:

I am working on painting up a full 2000 point list for the OFCC this year, I have everything built I just am trying to get it all painted up. I have yet to play the list but I think it will do pretty good, not crazy good mind you. But I think it will be a lot of fun to play and be fairly competitive. Just with the Tzeentch fate dice alliance ability it should make it a pretty good army to play. But there are a ton of Tzeentch specific spells and some great battalions to choose from. I think Tzeentch is the rare army that should be pretty good at all aspects of the game, shooting, spell casting and close combat.

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Gaunt Summoner with Familiars (120)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
20 x Tzaangors (360)
10 x Kairic Acolytes (140)

Units
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (160)

5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Chaos Glaives

Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

Total: 1990/2000

I dont think Chais Knights are worth it when you have access to Enlightened. Also surprising you arent running a Cabal with three Tzangor Shamans

Basically because I don't want to buy (and paint) a ton of models I already have the Knights, I am just trying to fill the list. There are definitely more powerful ways to make this list, but bottom line I am tying to use as much of things I already have. My guess in GH2 the points cost for Knights will go down.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the Disciples of Tzeentch Battletome and they are going to be my first AoS army.

I'm excited to try them out. I'm leaning towards Tzaangor and Arcanites, although mostly because I think they look awesome. Being a noob means I can't quite suss out what is op vs what sucks.

It'll have to be the rule of cool for this army!

• Like 2