Hobby Station

8 hours ago, Brick Bungalow said:

/

I'm curious how gamers organize and store paints these days. I have too many pots for those plywood paint stations (and I just don't like them) Any other bright ideas?

I have a tupperware container that the paints are "supposed" to be in. They are often scattered on my floor. Used to have a more organized system, due to the paints being more prone to leaking/spilling, but since I switched to the Vallejo dropper style paint pots, I haven't had any spilling issues - so I've become very lax in organization. 

I've also taken to mixing paints more, so I have less total paints than I used to. Maybe 16 colors I use regularly for all my armies and projects (offhand: dark green, bright green, yellow, orange, dark red, bright red, brown, sort of an olive brown, brighter fleshtone, darker fleshtone, white, black, dark blue, bright blue, Gold, silver.). I have a few others that were probably mistake purchases, which I rarely use. I also have some duplicates for colors that are running out.

Nice work Scarydog

I plan to custom build my own solution. one thing I have planned is narrow shelves to keep Vallejo bottle droppers on their side. I find you can fit a extremely large amount of paint in a small space this way.

When I get it done I will take some pictures to share.

The panel in the lower right corner is a free standing brush holder, and the slots in the lower left corner hold plastic drawers.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:45 AM, Purajh said:

Nice work Scarydog

I plan to custom build my own solution. one thing I have planned is narrow shelves to keep Vallejo bottle droppers on their side. I find you can fit a extremely large amount of paint in a small space this way.

When I get it done I will take some pictures to share.

Thank you, and capacity is a down side to mine, I have pretty well maxed it out. My plan is to use the side shelves for some small bins for seldom used paints.

• Like 3