New 40k edition

pretre

2 minutes ago, generalripphook said:

I mean blasts were great because it means that if you wanted to cram every model you could within 3 inches of the objective you could but there were penalties. If you revert to a dice of hits then that makes that moot. 

Rarely have I ever seen anyone cram around an objective in such a manner that blasts would be that much better than other forms of shooting.  

58 minutes ago, blackvigil said:

I'm liking everything I am hearing so far. I really do like the 90 minute goal, for games. If I want a 3-4 hour game, I'll field more models, and have lots of beers. :)

I totally read that as bears, and was trying to figure out which faction had bears :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Doesn't sound like 40k and Fantasy will be compatible. Too bad.

It would be pretty silly to move their most successful game (40k) to match up with the less successful game (AoS). More likely, this edition of 40k will the groundwork so next edition of AoS will be made compatible with 40k. From the rumors, does look like 40k is moving halfway towards what AoS is now. 

Still not sure if I'm going to stay with 40k. Does seem like now is a good time to sell off my 40k books, since GW says they'll be giving new rules for everything anyway.

1 minute ago, Threejacks said:

Via Pete Foley on Twitter--

No shooting into or out of combat:)

Was wondering about that one as it certainly would not work in 40k.Im thinking they will adjust this in AoS as well,,probably not to this extent though.

That sucks. I was looking forward to firing snap shots out of h2h.

1 hour ago, deadwing34 said:

I wonder exactly how the S vs T will work because they already said that any unit has a chance of hurting another unit. But looks good so far.

I assume it'll top at 6+.  So s1 vs t10 would be a 6.

But notice that vehicles have armor saves too.  Assume all heavy vehicles will be 2+, so even though a lasgun can wound, the tank can save.  72 shots on average to wound a t5+ with 2+ and hitting on 4s.  

Heck, even the dreadnaught would require 288 lasgun shots to bring down on average.  Possible, but hard to pull off in a normal game.  But it does help with avoiding completely wasting shots.

• Like 1

Hey folks,

As Andy mentioned on tonight’s Warhammer 40,000 Live Q&A over on Facebook, our Customer Service teams are all set to give you vouchers for any codexes or Warhammer 40,000 rulebooks you’ve bought in the last 8 weeks.

So, if you’ve just bought a codex for a new army, or the rules for Warhammer 40,000 itself, in the weeks before the new edition was announced last Saturday, we’ll send you a voucher for the cost of your book. Usually, we’d do this for up to 4 weeks before the update was announced, but as we’re so excited about the new edition of Warhammer 40,000, we’ll be extending this to 8 weeks (8 weeks for the 8th edition!). And of course, you can keep your book(s).

You can claim a voucher no matter where you bought your codex and/or rulebook, as long as you have your proof of purchase and it’s dated between the 25th of February 2017 and the 22nd of April 2017.

We have a few different Customer Service teams, each helping a different part of the world. Find the email address for your local Customer Service team here:

games-workshop.com/Contact-Us

• Like 2