New 40k edition

pretre

31 minutes ago, andozane said:

Hmmm...I hope it doesn't do the 6+ at worst...would prefer the old style...6+  followed by a 6+ kinda thing...But we shall see.  Of course there will be so many wounds on the larger vehicles maybe that will easily make up for the wounds....

I can virtually guarantee that there are going to be fewer reroll overall.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DasBox said:

Oh. I was just a little baffled on how moral is going to work. I've been doing this since 3rd Ed so I'm trying to come to grips with some of these changes and I'm still a little muddled. On the bright side it'll be easier to teach new players with a simpler rule set.

Morale is more like "Deserters".  The number of failures = the number of soldiers who lose their grit and run, throwing their arms down or what have you.

4 minutes ago, tombking said:

The WS BS stats are interesting. They just flat out say what you need to roll rather than having to check a chart. I wonder how that will work out for Assault?

You'll just roll your attacks without taking your opponent into account and he will do the same. No one will be better at defending.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pretre said:

You'll just roll your attacks without taking your opponent into account and he will do the same. No one will be better at defending.

Or if there are Units that are better at defending, it will be some unique rule on their dataslate giving Attackers -1 to Hit or making them re-roll 6s or something.

• Like 1

It'll take people a while but they'll get giddy when I 'make a mistake' and then feel silly when they realize it doesn't matter anymore.

the same thing happened a bunch when I would measure templates in the movement phase and people thought I forgot to finish moving. Good times.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fluger said:

They already posted the Dreadnaught statline.  Facings are gone.

Yes,,facinigs as you new them before...its still quite possible that they exist in a different way.Such as instead of having the old set armor values,,now each dataslate could very well have a rule that incoming hits on the front or side facing are saved at +1 to the base save,,or possibly reroll failed saves of 1,,or perhaps even add +1(or more) to the units toughness during wound resolution..or even reduce the amount of incoming damage by 1,d3 or even d6( to a minimum of 1 of course)...there is alot more they can do with these stat lines,,it has been a treat in AoS to see all the different things they have been coming up with modifications to just a basic stat line.

Not saying they will do this,but I wouldnt be surprised if facing for vehicles is taken into account in some way shape or form:)

• Like 1