New 40k edition

pretre

26 minutes ago, Munkie said:

That could be the case, and I hope so, because I do enjoy when they take digs at the angsty community. 

However, just as likely, they already had their quarterly lasguns are "great" article in the works and they opportunistically rushed it out :tongue:

There have actually been a couple of other cases where the Regimental Standard has done posts responding to stuff that just happened. The PETA thing comes to mind. I don't think they actually do these that far in advance.

4 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Those dry Brits, it's always so hard to tell.

I'd probably give a genuine chuckle perhaps a guffaw if they applied it to any other joke in the same family.

-A Tau fire warrior cadet complimenting his friend's increasing close combat prowess.

-An eldar engineer yelling at one of his mechanics about how simple the technology is, incredulous he could mess it up.

-An imperial xenobiologist positing that tyrannids should be left alone because they keep the other aliens in check.

There are ironic jokes to be made, but they looooooove lasguns (why don't they marry them?). It's about as tedious as reading another Munkie post complaining about their lasgun jokes :wink:

• Like 4

Now that's a nice bit of streamlining. Just folding Tank Shock/Ramming into the existing CC Rules. One thing and another, and that takes like four pages out of the Rulebook right there.

Also, 12" Move with just the -1 to-Hit Penalty is pretty sweet for a lot of Vehicles, if we assume that the Annihilation Barge is still more or less average as far as Vehicle Speed goes. That's going to make things like Predators really happy.

I'm curious to see if they take all the Vehicle Speed variation and put it in the Move Stat, or if some of the faster ones are going to get the ability to Advance 2d6 or d6+6 or something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fluger said:

Facings are gone.

Yeah..i was hoping they would stay at least for certain vehicles..mainly to take into account fixed main guns vs turrets..bu yeah,it does cause disputes as you mentioned before.

I'm fine with it though,considering all the other things

they have taken from AoS  and modified for 40k:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Also I'd say it is a good bet that most vehicles will have 2 wounds for every current hull point. 

Those we've seen so far have mostly gone from HP3 to W8, except the Morkanaut, which went from HP5 to W18, so I'd say that as an exact conversion, that's a pretty bad bet, actually ;) If you meant "at least", tho, it's sure money.

1 minute ago, WestRider said:

Those we've seen so far have mostly gone from HP3 to W8, except the Morkanaut, which went from HP5 to W18, so I'd say that as an exact conversion, that's a pretty bad bet, actually ;) If you meant "at least", tho, it's sure money.

What vehicles have we seen fully? I don't remember the rhino. The barge here had 4 hull points. 

5 minutes ago, fluger said:

At the least.  Its nearly 3 to 1 for the most part.  Knights have 6 hp and were said to have above 20 wounds.

They lost the ion shield I bet so taking into account that saving Some damage. The jump didn't surprise me. Also realized I was talking more about regular vehicles not super heavies and the ones that should have been but didn't quite make the cut...

Internet fail :popcorn:

9 minutes ago, necrontyr said:

> Power Fists and the like are -1 To Hit.

Smart!  Instead of swinging slower, you hit less often.  Good balance there as now there's a reason to take Big Choppas for instance.  

> There's no amry specific Detachments - only army specific stratagems. Basic Detachments apparently cover everything already.
> Imperial Fist stratagem can make them better at shooting. White Scars can us a stratgem to Hit & Run.
> Factions can also use their Command Points before deployment to change how their army is constructed (?).

This makes sense, I would imagine you spend Strategems/Command Points before game to get abilities related to your faction.  Smart.

> Defender decides casualties - no longer directional.

4VTQTv7.gif

• Like 2

Holy swear word, Batman. I really want to play this game.

That no-restrictions on charging from Deep Strike, but you need to be 9" away thing is a little piece of genius. It also meshes nicely with the fact that units can disengage from combat. The assault armies can still strike from the skies with a precision hammer-blow, but they might not make it in, and even if they do they're not locked in the "safety" of close combat. The enemy can just walk away and gun them down with other units. Everyone gets cake? EVERYONE gets to eat it??!?!?! Absurd!

• Like 6