New 40k edition

pretre

20 minutes ago, pretre said:

Yeah, those are really good prices, considering. You gotta think that those 5 indexes are replacing ~25 codexes. And a hardcover in the box set is awesome.

I suppose,,and to be honest all four of the GA books for AoS is 101.00 so theres that.

Using the AoS app from the start has gotten me spoiled on this stuff:laugh:

I may just get one of the indexes and hold out hope for an App in the near future.They took a similar route last year with AoS and now there is no need for any of those books at all.

Oh, and don’t worry, this doesn’t mean Orks and Tyranids are now on the same side, it just means they share a book for the moment. In the future, they’ll get their own dedicated codexes.

So what does this mean? The Indexes are only temporary?

1 hour ago, andy said:

So what does this mean? The Indexes are only temporary?

I believe this is the case. However the timeline on when they release army specific battletomes is the big question.

AND, on top of that, they are going to reissue the indexes every so often like the generals handbook for AoS. The idea is that they publish cheaper, more frequent versions so that everything is balanced (according to GW that is).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

So now I have to shell out $25 bucks every time GW does a rules change so I can keep playing my army?  :(

It's our 'anti-1 book dominating the tables for 3 years' tax.

As long as GWs pacing is not out of line I'll see it as a blessing.

New Warhammer 40,000: A Forge World Datasheet!

40k-header.jpg

Well, yesterday was exciting, wasn’t it?

Amidst the massive line-up of new releases due for pre-order on the 3rd of June were the Forge World Imperial Armour Index books for Space Marines and their traitorous counterparts.
We haven’t really talked about Forge World miniatures in the new Warhammer 40,000 yet, but now that the new books are confirmed, let’s take a look at a datasheet from one.

LeviathanDreadProfile-1099x1024.jpg

This guy is a Leviathan Dreadnought. And more than that, a Chaos one! The traitor’s look like they have opened up their 10,000-year-old vault of Legion Dreadnoughts for the new Warhammer 40,000. Against those new Primaris Space Marines, we’re sure Chaos players will appreciate the reinforcement.

Just a cursory glance at the stats on this guy, and we can see that he is an absolute monster! Some of the larger walkers, which previously fell a little short of super-heavy status in the last edition, do very well out of the new Warhammer 40,000 (Orks also do pretty well here).

Kitted out either for combat, shooting or a mix of both, this Dreadnought is going to wreck face. All of those weapons are looking like good options. There’s even a ranged weapon that kicks out mortal wounds – one of only a handful in the entire game. We think we’re veering towards a grav-flux bombard and hellforged siege drill as our favourite kit though. You budding Chaos Lords will have to decide for yourselves.

New40kForgeWorldImage.jpg

And that’s just one unit in one of the two Forge World Index books accompanying the launch of the new edition. And there will be more Index books on the way very soon after for other Forge World Imperial as well as xenos units.

We’ll be back tomorrow with a look at missions and objectives in the new edition.

• Like 1