New 40k edition

pretre

10 minutes ago, PumpkinHead said:

Mortal wounds do not require a "to wound" roll?  You just roll to hit and then things die... seems odd.

They're more often generated by specific effects than by things with a to-Hit Roll. Like the Crushing Charge Rule that the Inceptors get, or the Smite Psychic Power.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fluger said:

51aQafZqujL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"The Fluger was five meters long, had four thick legs, a body of impenetrable molecular density and numerous teeth capable of chewing diamonds into powder. It was four hundred massive kilos of violence, savagery and hatred.

When the Fluger arrived as unlisted cargo in the enclosed city of Olympus, it launched itself on a murderous rampage which couldn't be halted. It presented that terrified utopian community with the problem of how to stop an irresistible force. The only answer seemed to be a hired alien assassin - an outer-space humanoid about whom the citizens of Olympus knew next to nothing except that he was a professional killer who would not quit until his job was done.

But when the irresistible force met the immovable object they turned that fragile city in the sky into a raging battlefield, and their 'savior' looked to become as much of a menace as his monster counterpart."

Apparently his name is SmashF***er, but that was inappropriate, so Smashfluger was born!

• Like 3

An interesting thing there (barring vehicle specific rules) is that when the model suffers it's last wound then it is "slain or destroyed and removed from play". Therefore, when vehicles/walkers are reduced to 0 wounds they are removed from the table so no more having your vehicles sitting as piles or wreckage on the tabletop to provide cover. So I guess if a marine squad has their rhino popped they are truly out in the open and can't pile out and hide behind their wrecked rhino. Kinda mixed on that since many a time I've been able to hide my Grey Hunter squads behind the wreck of their transport in an attempt to preserve them since they couldn't charge the next turn. On the other hand that kinda cluttered up the board in 7th and not having so many extra terrain pieces may just make play easier. 

7 minutes ago, Munkie said:

1. 8 weeks exactly from the pre-order release. You be the judge!

2. I'm in no way suggesting they change it, just wishful thinking. 

3. There is?? Is there info on that anywhere? It's not in the "what to expect" thread. Color me intrigued!

1. OFCC is the weekend of 7/28. 7th edition is releasing on 6/17. That's more like 6 weeks. Pre-order doesn't get rules in hand.

2. Fair enough.

3. Totally. Bronson's running it. Let me track it down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, necrontyr said:

Force-Organization-2.jpg

Okay, hold on.

So that last sentence. This seems to indicate that you can mix imperial models in a detachment.

I could take a Patrol Detachment with:

HQ - Space Marine Captain (Imperium, Adeptus Astartes)

Troop - Battle Sister Squad (Imperium, Adeptus Sororitas)

Troop - Infantry Platoon (Imperium, Astra Militarum)

Heavy - Long Fangs (Imperium, Adeptus Astartes, Space Wolves)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pretre said:

Okay, hold on.

So that last sentence. This seems to indicate that you can mix imperial models in a detachment.

Sounds about right. 

2 minutes ago, necrontyr said:

It does look that way, but you won't get to use any of the more specific faction bonuses (characters, and other things) that come from the more specific keywords.

Right, like 'Captain let's you reroll hits within 12" for AA models" or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pretre said:

Okay, hold on.

2 hours ago, necrontyr said:

It does look that way, but you won't get to use any of the more specific faction bonuses (characters, and other things) that come from the more specific keywords.

Also, apparently there are overarching Faction bonuses that apply for any Faction Keyword shared by the entire Detachment. Like if the Detachment is all IG, they gain X, if it's all Astartes, they gain Y, if it's all Space Wolves Astartes, they gain Y AND Z. The overarching Faction bonus for "Imperium" is nothing at all, so if you do that, you're missing out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Also, apparently there are overarching Faction bonuses that apply for any Faction Keyword shared by the entire Detachment. Like if the Detachment is all IG, they gain X, if it's all Astartes, they gain Y, if it's all Space Wolves Astartes, they gain Y AND Z. The overarching Faction bonus for "Imperium" is nothing at all, so if you do that, you're missing out.

Good way to control crazy army combinations yet at the same time encouraging them to a degree... but... if I get access to Orks with my Tau I am going to have a blast

• Like 1