New 40k edition

pretre

4 hours ago, derek said:

If you look on the index xenos on forgeworld looks like they have just detachments for corsairs.   It's at the very bottom they call them corsair reaver band and corsair skyreaver band.  Might be wrong but hey 

Whew! Good catch. Cloud Dancers are there, too. Looks like Corsairs got folded into Craftworlds.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I take 2 detachments, first one Ultramarines and AstraMil, second detachment Cypher and Fallen. Can the second detachment Summon Daemons?

Or does the lack of Imperium being on the CDs prevent it from being battleforged?

If both Cypher and Fallen have the Imperium Keyword than you should be battleforged...and any abilities the units have will work just fine even if it involves bringing in units that dont have the Imperium Keyword...of course you have to set aside the points cost of the summoned unit though.

For now,with these detatchments we have,its really a very 'rough draft" for army building so pretty much any Imps can mix and match.That will be less common in the future as more codex updates are released containing more specific army detatchments with abilities are released im sure.

11 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I'm really having a hard time seeing the value of Drop Pods at such a high cost.

Yeah,,pods are really spendy 105 pts with a Storm Bolter.

Dropping anywere without scatter is nice but still need  at least a 9" charge to make contact,certainly not something to count on and with having terrain take 2" off that range at times its even more dismal.Also with Pods,the troops must disembark on the turn they drop leaving them exposed,,were is conventional transport can get in the opponents face and stay in the box right up until charge time.Even if the transport pops its still just loosing 1 in 6 models on average.

I wouldnt be surprised if,in the future we see a faction specific detatchment that allows some more favorable use of drop pods as a special ability.

As far as Transports go,,the flying ones seem to be the most versatile.With the speed of most of them they can be right up in the opponents face turn one,then popout turn 2 ready to charge.Cost is pretty high though,base price for the Stormwolf is 279.Rhinos are base 72 points now I think.

2 hours ago, Threejacks said:

If both Cypher and Fallen have the Imperium Keyword than you should be battleforged...and any abilities the units have will work just fine even if it involves bringing in units that dont have the Imperium Keyword...of course you have to set aside the points cost of the summoned unit though.

For now,with these detatchments we have,its really a very 'rough draft" for army building so pretty much any Imps can mix and match.That will be less common in the future as more codex updates are released containing more specific army detatchments with abilities are released im sure.

There is a caveat. If those abilities specify a certain type of keyword, they won't work on any others not of that keyword such as Space Marine Ultramarines. Or Dark Angels 

Are you getting this dataslate from the FW publications?..cant seem to find it in the Indexes...

Also,if it states that the summon power can be used by any Chaos,they are probably refering to Chaos armies not just a dataslate with a keyword.Usually the dataslate should state "chaos army' or "chaos Hero/character" to be more clear.

Its probably another one that needs to be faq`d though,,which they have been pretty fast on doing lately.

40 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Its in Choas Index. No fw, only GW rules. Chaos Keyword I believe is the qualifier. Basically, all chaos can summon not just sorcs.

OK,,thanks for the reference,,ive only been looking at the Adeptus stuff,heh

Yeah,,I see you are refering to the Demonic Ritual section in Chaos Demons.The issue I see with this is that Cypher doesnt have the <Legion> tag in his keyword so thus cant be assigned one of the 4 Legions to follow,,and the ritual states that the character must have allegiance to one in order to perform the ritual.

Other than that,yeah,,having Cypher and some Fallen in an Imp army seems fine,,if you are into such Heresy of course lol

A question about making detachments in a battle-forged army: Do all of the Faction Keywords need to match, or just one of them? For the Eldar, all flavors of Eldar have the "Aeldari" faction keyword. Does that mean Dark Eldar, Eldar, and Harlequins can be mixed and matched in the same detachment? If so, the Ynnari army rule that you can mix Aeldari units of all stripes seems unnecessary, unless that's just a way to get them Strength from Death.

4 minutes ago, JMGraham said:

A question about making detachments in a battle-forged army: Do all of the Faction Keywords need to match, or just one of them? For the Eldar, all flavors of Eldar have the "Aeldari" faction keyword. Does that mean Dark Eldar, Eldar, and Harlequins can be mixed and matched in the same detachment? If so, the Ynnari army rule that you can mix Aeldari units of all stripes seems unnecessary, unless that's just a way to get them Strength from Death.

Just one faction needs to match in the Detachment (or be unaligned) and across your entire army.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JMGraham said:

It is a special instance with restrictions and it is how you unlock SfD. I expect more of these as codex and warzones are released 

6 minutes ago, Lord Hanaur said:

My Dark Eldar are now 2671 points.  From 1850.  Wow!

Yeah vehicles went up steeply and reaver jetbikes nearly doubled in cost (and got much worse). Court of the Archon also went up quite a bit now that they are all individual characters with multiple wounds. 

12 hours ago, Threejacks said:

Dropping anywere without scatter is nice but still need  at least a 9" charge to make contact,certainly not something to count on and with having terrain take 2" off that range at times its even more dismal.Also with Pods,the troops must disembark on the turn they drop leaving them exposed,,were is conventional transport can get in the opponents face and stay in the box right up until charge time.Even if the transport pops its still just loosing 1 in 6 models on average.

I see Pods now as being more for short-ranged firepower Units. Unfortunately not Flamers, since those need to get within 8", but things like SternGuard or Wolf Guard loaded up with Combi-Plasma/Grav should be able to lay down some pretty good hurt out of a Pod. Things like Multi-Melta Dreads from Lucius Pattern Pods, too.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Munkie said:

Yeah vehicles went up steeply and reaver jetbikes nearly doubled in cost (and got much worse).  

Isn't it a bit premature to say they got worse?  They doubled in wounds and gained 4" of movement.  With combat drugs they can move 18".  They hit on 3s now instead of 4s typically in melee.  At 12" it can fire 3 shots now.  They can also advance 26" and then shoot assault weapons on a 4+.  That's a 44" blaster threat range or a 35" threat range for heat lance half range.  Turn two they should be able to charge if they want with the reroll on assault.   Heck, with 18" move and 2d6 charge they are a turn 1 assault threat.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WestRider said:

I see Pods now as being more for short-ranged firepower Units. Unfortunately not Flamers, since those need to get within 8", but things like SternGuard or Wolf Guard loaded up with Combi-Plasma/Grav should be able to lay down some pretty good hurt out of a Pod. Things like Multi-Melta Dreads from Lucius Pattern Pods, too.

Flamers still make sense to discourage assaults.

4 hours ago, Threejacks said:

OK,,thanks for the reference,,ive only been looking at the Adeptus stuff,heh

Yeah,,I see you are refering to the Demonic Ritual section in Chaos Demons.The issue I see with this is that Cypher doesnt have the <Legion> tag in his keyword so thus cant be assigned one of the 4 Legions to follow,,and the ritual states that the character must have allegiance to one in order to perform the ritual.

Other than that,yeah,,having Cypher and some Fallen in an Imp army seems fine,,if you are into such Heresy of course lol

It says Chaos chars can do it. It says if char has a mark, it may only summon that type of demon.

3 hours ago, Munkie said:

Yeah vehicles went up steeply and reaver jetbikes nearly doubled in cost (and got much worse). Court of the Archon also went up quite a bit now that they are all individual characters with multiple wounds. 

Yeah, I am definitely feeling the pain.  At this stage i am going to have to pick and choose REALLY carefully what I no longer need.  i think it will just be roaming in the dark for a few games while i see how the new rules play out.  

All i did was item by item price what was already in the list, basically.  One interesting thing was that the Power Ratings on a vast majority of the Dark eldar stuff is quite low.  So if i was playing in a "power" tournament instead of a points tournament (which could now be a thing), i would potentially have a lot more ability to make the list I had.  Maybe.  I haven't played with the idea but a 30 man Boyz Squad is Power 13, so i mean...  Some of my stuff is as low as 2 or 4 etc...  as a base.  It would take a lot of difficulty to get it up to 13.

Which brought up a pretty in-depth discussion I and some players had while sitting around:  The Power levels are a good way for us to also set limits on what we want to see at a tournament.

For example, you can say "2K points, nothing above 12 Power" for example if you wanted a friendlier event.  Its quite an interesting thought.

• Like 1