Plastic Thunderhawk

pretre

20 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

Who has a guess as to how much that sucker is going to be?

If it's the same ratio to the Baneblade-chassis tanks as FW had, it's going to be $450-500. I suspect they'll make some changes one way or another to bring it down from that price point, but it's still almost certainly going to be GW's most expensive LoW yet.

So with the plastic kit on the horizon, do you think ITC will allow them? Pretty sure their presently banned for ITC and although not everyone uses the ITC's rules, the Thunderhawk's current rules are certainly unfriendly for games under 2k...

4 hours ago, Prophecy said:

Sounds like a real problem. Should I take the lambo, lambo, or the lambo to work today decisions decisions. 

To be fair I sold the metal one cause it is the single largest metal model I have ever seen and most likely the most difficult model to put together GW as ever produced. And the resin one just sits at the FLGS.

9 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

So with the plastic kit on the horizon, do you think ITC will allow them? Pretty sure their presently banned for ITC and although not everyone uses the ITC's rules, the Thunderhawk's current rules are certainly unfriendly for games under 2k...

I'm sure it won't drop till 8th does so I imagine they will.

1 hour ago, PumpkinHead said:

ITC doesn't allow flying GC, so I doubt they would allow this.

As a general rule, they ban flying GCs and flying SHs. That said, the 9 HP Marauder Bomber and the 9 HP Marauder Destroyer are both ITC legal Super Heavy Flyers for Armies of the Imperium. They are really not OP vehicles, but it is an exception to their more general ban on super heavy flyers. 

I think if a flying GC came out that wasn't really OP, they'd probably allow it. Like if the Thunderhawk includes a non-D weapon option, they might allow it without the D-weapon. It's basically a flying transport - though at that point, would anyone field it?

• 2 weeks later...

No plastic.

Hello everyone !!|

FW info for the thunderhawk.

This new resin Thunderhawk keeps the iconic and uncompromising outline of the Thunderhawk we all know and love, but also takes on a few design cues from other recent kits, like the Stormbird and Heresy-era Space Marine Legion tanks. For the moment, we don’t have anymore to show you, but you can rest assured this Lord of War will be touching down very soon. In fact, we’re hoping to have it available first at Warhammer Fest this May

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thuderhawk-inbound/ /cheers. bob.

• Like 1

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 10:55 AM, pretre said:

No plastic.

Hello everyone !!|

FW info for the thunderhawk.

This new resin Thunderhawk keeps the iconic and uncompromising outline of the Thunderhawk we all know and love, but also takes on a few design cues from other recent kits, like the Stormbird and Heresy-era Space Marine Legion tanks. For the moment, we don’t have anymore to show you, but you can rest assured this Lord of War will be touching down very soon. In fact, we’re hoping to have it available first at Warhammer Fest this May

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/10/thuderhawk-inbound/ /cheers. bob.

You marshed my mellow, man.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...