Going Savage on AoS

I was contemplating building my "Thunder Rukk" list since seeing that people are playing similar builds now..but after getting into painting up and rebasing some of my WHFB Savage Orcs along with reading all the new backround for them and their new rules,im thinking of just going full Savage Orruk.

I dont see alot of net talk about straight SO armies,alot of mixing with Ironjawz or BCR of course.It could be that not one wants to risk an army that pretty much just has a 6+ save across the board.The thing is though,,with their allegiance ability,  a save roll of 6+  always succeeds,even against mortal wounds,,meaning the army basically ignores rend and has a save vs mortals.With army builds easily exceeding 200 wounds in a 2k army,im sure this would make for a ton of extra die rolls so that could be a reason its not popular.

Throwing down this many wounds and models that pretty much render points spent on high rend units wasted,coupled with a solid magic ability and very solid shooting should make for a potent army.

Only thing is,,,the amount of models I need to build and paint,,.

Recently purchased the Savage orruk boys kit. I very much like the kit, but I'll warn you that the set incluse no extra heads, so if you lose one, you'll have to loot another kit.

I'm using mine as Bloodletters, and they really do look very good painted red with flaming weapons. No confusion on the tabletop. 

Originally I was going to do a scheme based on the rather Savage looking Orcs from the Gorgrond Zone in Warriors of Draenor,,forgot their name but they are basically controlled by plant creatures,,or something along those lines.

Anyhow Ive decided to go with a Green/Grey base and a light blue drybrush for an Snow Orruk thing,,calling them "Icetoofs",this way I can ally with Beastclaws if I want to,,of course any of the Beasts from that army would be considered Ghosts to the Savages,,,Ghosts of beast that the tribe has slayed of course..or so they think.Anyhow,,wanted to do something a bit different than the usual straight green but its ending up to be a rather "Frosty" looking green,heh.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just about fully built,12 more models to go,but this is my OFCC list I will likely be playing.Ive built it in the spirit of OFCC being rather fluffy and mild compared to the more competative "Thunder Rukk"(Bonespliiters Kunning Ruck teamed up with 3 BCR T-Tusk Huskars) and "Double Kunning Rukk" builds seen in major tournaments

Wurrgog Prophet,,General

Wardokk..this guy will have the "Big Wurggog Mask magical artifact,,need to figure out how im going to build it still.I want it to be sufficiantly huge,,as in at least 1/2 the size of the model itself.

Kunning Rukk:

Savage Bigboss w/Lucky Bone artifact..already mounted a huge bone on his back so hes ready for paint.

10 Savage Orruks Choppa and Shield w/full command

40 Savage Arrer Boyz w/full command

Snagga Rukk

2x Maniak Wierdnob

4x 5 Savage Boarboy Maniaks,all with full command

Teef Rukk

2x2 Savage Big Stabbas

78 models

197 wounds

It does have a full 40 Arrerboyz but beyound that im going rather soft and fluffy.I wanted to go with the Snagga Rukk for the hammer/mobile units.Also I just have to use those Savage Stabbas lol.

Its going to ba a struggle to play this list fast with all the die rolling both from attacks but also from the army wide 6+ vs anything save.

I am running 3 Rukks so between the special rules for those,4 artifacts to distribute and 4 casters all getting 4 additional lore spells,I should have alot of fun options to play with:)

Got about 1/3 of these models painted and based so lotsa work to do yet...along with a few terrain pieces for the event.

• Like 1