New to Aos, What do I need?

So I played fantasy for years and have quite alot of chaos and demons lying around. Now that AoS has actual points and rules what do I actually need to play? Like are there AoS codex for armies? I have the generals handbook I believe. I'm just not really sure what I need to play AoS with points.

• Like 1

Other than the General's Handbook, everything you need can be downloaded for free from GW's website. The Core Rules are linked down at the bottom of the main page, along with compendiums for all the stuff left over from WHFB. Alternately, you can get the Warscrolls for just the Units you need from those Units' pages in GW's web store. As a third option, there's a free AoS app for Android or iOS, and you can download the Warscrolls through that.

• Like 2

Yes,there are books like the old army books used to be for WHFB,they are "Battletomes" now.Some of the legacy armys dont as yet have a new version though,,best thing to do is check the GW store and look over the various armys shown there,

For instance between Chaos and Demons there have been several Battletomes released for the various armies of the Chaos Grand Alliance,,Tzeetch,Nurgle,Scaven and of course the latest Khorne book is up for preorder this sat.

Are you in the Portland area?,if so,lemme know if you want to get a sample game in:)

7 hours ago, Threejacks said:

There are players in the Eugene area:)

We get together in Salem at Borderlands games every couple of months or so for a tournament/meet event.

Also if you are on facebook,look for the "Age of Sigmar Oregon and Southern Washington" Page and join it.

Joined! I've found most of my models that have been hiding in boxes. I think I might try to do some blog thing to ensure I get the army together.

• Like 1

Yah nowadays with with all of the free GW Warscroll PDF's on their website and the free scrollbuilder website you don't have to purchase anything rules wise. The only thing that is really locked behind a paywall are warscroll battalions and allegiance abilities. I kind of wish they would make those free too. The barrier to entry for AoS could not be easier. I hope you enjoy playing as much as I do.