40K Factions represented in Portland

I thought about doing a poll, but I decided against it. I thought it would be helpful to not just have a count of what factions are being played, but also who is playing them. That way if I wanted to get a match against a horde army because I am tired of playing against Space Marines I can come to this thread and find someone to ping for a game.

It also helps for setting up narrative games and campaigns (which are my favorite things about 40K).

Joint Operations Task Force Metallus contains all major forces of the IoM. Imperial guard, Astarties(Crimson Fists, Imperial Fist, Black Templar), all major Ordos of The Imperial Inquisition & associated chambers militant, Skitarii & AdMech militant forces, Imperial Navy & a minor Knight House. I'll admit I have a lot of AdMech stuff I need to get up to table top quality.

• Like 2

When I play 40k (it has been awhile) I play some flavor of Eldar (Harlequins, Corsairs, Wraithwall, Vanilla).  In the works ... I have Imperial Knights with Skitarii &/or GS Cult (I have them - but none are really viable - or are unassembled at this point).

-d

On March 31, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Sugarlessllama said:

So I was wondering, of the people in Portland who play at WoW or Red Castle, what factions do you guys play?

I play Space Marines (Custom UM successor chapter) and I have a small contingent of Imperial Knights.

How about you fine people out there? 

Oh, wait, only asking about people that play exclusively at Red Castle or WOW? I don't got to Red Castle for logistical reasons. I'm at Guardian Games alot, which is a stone's throw from WOW, but I haven't been actually going to WOW lately. (Though, that's a good reminder, I should go to WOW more often. I always forget that I'm free on tuesdays, so WOW is an option again).

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, paxmiles said:

Oh, wait, only asking about people that play exclusively at Red Castle or WOW? I don't got to Red Castle for logistical reasons. I'm at Guardian Games alot, which is a stone's throw from WOW, but I haven't been actually going to WOW lately. (Though, that's a good reminder, I should go to WOW more often. I always forget that I'm free on tuesdays, so WOW is an option again).

Yeah, I am trying to focus on places where I tend to play and seem to have a lower number of WAAC/Tournament players. Mostly because I tend to enjoy narrative campaigns and I would love to try and put one together for this summer. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugarlessllama said:

Yeah, I am trying to focus on places where I tend to play and seem to have a lower number of WAAC/Tournament players. Mostly because I tend to enjoy narrative campaigns and I would love to try and put one together for this summer. :D

Well, I'm certainly not a tournament player. Just about anyone on the boards that seen me play, can atest to that. 

On 4/1/2017 at 10:05 AM, Purajh said:

Playable: chaos (all of it), dark Angels, tau, dark elder, tyranids, necron. 

In progress: eldar, orks, gs cult.

LOL Mr Games Workshop! 

I currently am running Tau as my primary army but have a IF Terminator Army and Biel Tan Eldar Army for [big bad swear word]s and giggles and also working on an ork army at present. 

Small forces right now but playable: Orks (700 Pts) and Blood Angels (1100ish)

new to game= easy wins for you guys, first real game tomorrow ?

Plan to keep expanding Blood angels up to 1850 then the orks next. After that a DKoK army for fluffiness 

also looking to play shadow wars and build my own garage table (got to convince wife about that one lol)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This sounds interesting. I have an Ork army. I have not played much in the last few years due to playing only tournament type players, not fun with a very sub par army. I hve started a Goff army design. My boys are nobs (assault on black reach mostly) my gretchen are boys. For nobs I use war bosses. I started to build a custom war boss, but lost interest after not having fun, but still have all the bits stored together. Goffs are the biggest toughest and meanest of orks and are properly larger sized.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2017 at 10:29 AM, Sugarlessllama said:

*cough* Portland Game Store *cough*

I am going to be setting up a night if I can there. They have alcohol on tap, not a huge environment, friendly, clean, and fun. Oh and I am restarting 40k with Tau! (not for tournaments but for the suits... Oh and the battle damage!) 

17 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

*cough* Portland Game Store *cough*

I am going to be setting up a night if I can there. They have alcohol on tap, not a huge environment, friendly, clean, and fun. Oh and I am restarting 40k with Tau! (not for tournaments but for the suits... Oh and the battle damage!) 

Sir I offer you a invitation and a challenge, 1500 points at Red Castle Games. Your first drink is on me if you win.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DasBox said:

Sir I offer you a invitation and a challenge, 1500 points at Red Castle Games. Your first drink is on me if you win.

I would have to have 1500 points to play at that level... Oh and the 7th edition rules and stuff. 

Once I get 1500 and 8th drops we can play ^_^

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I would have to have 1500 points to play at that level... Oh and the 7th edition rules and stuff. 

Once I get 1500 and 8th drops we can play ^_^

Well feel free to drop by on Saturday anyway. We usually have a table open for painting and my buddy who plays Tau & paints like a pro should be there to offer some advice if you need it.

9 minutes ago, DasBox said:

Well feel free to drop by on Saturday anyway. We usually have a table open for painting and my buddy who plays Tau & paints like a pro should be there to offer some advice if you need it.

Saturdays are my Dropfleet Commander days at PGS. They have a painting section there as well as some alcohol on tap 

On 3/31/2017 at 11:45 AM, Sugarlessllama said:

So I was wondering, of the people in Portland who play at WoW or Red Castle, what factions do you guys play?

I play Space Marines (Custom UM successor chapter) and I have a small contingent of Imperial Knights.

How about you fine people out there? 

You may wish to poll it

• 4 months later...