2k Nurgle AoS

So I've played some more games, scoured through my books and did some research online and I think I'm starting to get the hang of this AoS thing. Here is the current list I'm working with now;

General- Glottkin

Be'lakor

Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Spell Famliars

Hellcannon

30x Plaguebearers

20x Plague Monks

20x Plague Monks

20x Plague Monks

So if I'm reading everything correctly Glottkin provides +1 attacks to all nurgle units within 14' so my Plague monks are pumping out  4 attacks on the charge with 6's having rend -1, rerolling to hit and with tons of extra splash damage from the full command.

My plague bearers are screening the army with a 5+/5++, rerolling saves of 1 and giving a -2 to hit from ranged weapons while being somewhat effective in combat with two attacks while in 14' of the Glottkin.

Between the Sorcerer and the Glottkin, I can hand out save rerolls of 1's for up to 2 units (one from an ability, and one from a spell) and improve the saves by 1 on a unit as well.

With Be'lakor I can attempt to troll one unit by making them roll a 4+ to do anything for a turn and reduce the amount of wounds a unit does by 1 each turn. Combined with the glottkins spell that increases wounds by one for a turn I can tarpit with the plaguebearers while my monks kill things.

Throw in the hellcannon and an arcane bolt or two I should be able to snipe heroes and monster as well.

So is this a viable list or is this something that just won't work?

• Like 1

You certainly have some synergies so its worth a shot to work with it and see how it does.

I do know that Nurgle by itself does struggle in competative play against shooting armies,but you are using a large amoung of Monks so as long as you can get them to hit home,,and with your numbers many should,it should do fine:)

So the only thing I see that might be a problem off the bat is that according to the General's Handbook, Plague Monks and Plague Bearers are only Battleline if the army is Saven Pestelens allegiance. So if you have the ability to swap three units of them for some Chaos Warriors (or Blightkings if you have them) it would solve that problem. 

14 hours ago, Sugarlessllama said:

So the only thing I see that might be a problem off the bat is that according to the General's Handbook, Plague Monks and Plague Bearers are only Battleline if the army is Saven Pestelens allegiance. So if you have the ability to swap three units of them for some Chaos Warriors (or Blightkings if you have them) it would solve that problem. 

Well I missed that rule, which makes me feel pretty dumb. It also mean I won't be playing AoS anymore either as I don't want to spend anymore money and I actually don't have enough troops to play in any meaningful way. Well that sucks.

Edit; Actually I'm just really dumb. I can just split the 30 man plaguebearer unit into three squads of 10 and be fine. This game is an emotional rollercoaster for me. One minute I'm super excited about something only to realize I've made a horrible mistake then only to find out I can just tweak something and be fine.