Astra Militarum

Fix

They'd better not try to cram the IG into a 72 page book.

No. Did some searching and found the 72 page codex is a supplement for the IG focusing on Storm Troopers. Militarum Tempestus. I am sure if someone translated it to English it should read Storm Trooper, not Military Weather.

The Pic above is the cover for the IG codex but the Militarum Tempestus has a different cover that I found in a different blog.

No. Did some searching and found the 72 page codex is a supplement for the IG focusing on Storm Troopers. Militarum Tempestus.

The Pic above is the cover for the IG codex but the Militarum Tempestus has a different cover that I found in a different blog.

So, IG don't get a new book.....I suppose that is a clever option for GW. They don't need to replace the IG codex, just supplement it.

-Pax

So, IG don't get a new book.....I suppose that is a clever option for GW. They don't need to replace the IG codex, just supplement it.

-Pax

They get a new book, the pic for it is posted in the OP. The cover for the supplement is not shown but the price and page number listed are for the supplement.

So yes, the IG will have a new codex And I will have to learn to refer to them as Astra Militarum. Space Military, Space Troopers, Space Army. I do not know how to translate Latin so anyone want to give it a go?

Ok here is one of the pics for the Militarum Tempestum from the White Dwarf.

blogger-image--542409343.jpg

As you can see the MT codex is an eBook only release like the Inquisition and may be the same as them and the Knights as for how them ally with other armies. Just hope the Chaos players don't start getting their hopes up yet becuase even if the AM is an ally of convenience MT most likely will be until the appoc.

Ok here is one of the pics for the Militarum Tempestum from the White Dwarf.

blogger-image--542409343.jpg

As you can see the MT codex is an eBook only release like the Inquisition and may be the same as them and the Knights as for how them ally with other armies. Just hope the Chaos players don't start getting their hopes up yet becuase even if the AM is an ally of convenience MT most likely will be until the appoc.

That actually says hardback, 72 pages on it.  Online sales only, i.e direct order, maybe, but they're doing a print book of it.

Including both "Inquisitorial" Storm Troopers and Kasrkin, I have about 60 of them. Even so, the Storm Trooper codex would need to be made of 100% pure "awesome" for me to shell out $100 for new codices in one month.

Plastic Storm Troopers have been rumored to be "coming soon" since I was playing in 4th Edition, and maybe before that. Now that they're here, I wish they had more of the high-tech look of Kasrkin. Well, they're rumored to have lots of interesting bits for conversions... I hope that includes helmets.

I don't like the Taurox at all... but maybe I'll be able to pick up some Chimeras on the cheap once these ugly things are released.

I would be a fan of the Taurox if those treads weren't so ridiculously high up. That aspect of it makes it look cartoony.

I like the scion chaps but they are really close to SM scouts. That commander character though has some style. He looks a little retro like somebody Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon would fight.

The new Ogryns should be sweet.

• Like 1

I would be a fan of the Taurox if those treads weren't so ridiculously high up. That aspect of it makes it look cartoony.

I think I'll wait until I see one up close to be definitive about this, but those tracks look no higher than the rhino tracks. You only think they are higher because of the gap in the middle.

I'm hoping that all those lyon glyphs aren't a forced part of the model. Would be really nice to be able to give that tank a different look without having to shave off most of the other details.

Please, please, please tell me that the rules for that Ogryn with the Commissar hat on the speaker let it be treated as a Commissar, and that the fluff justifies it as a Commissar broadcasting commands through the speaker. That'd be too cool.

Also, it's funny to see how prevalent crotch-plates are becoming in the Imperium. First the Centurions, now these poor guys. It's becoming so fashionable, that one bloke had to salvage tank treads to fit in. Glad to see everyone taking their reproductive health seriously.

• Like 1