V4 50PT meet and greet? 4/30?

Brother Glacius

Id say best way is for Brother Glacius to simply name a date, place and time in the subject line, commit personally to being there no matter what.  Then whoever can make it can post "Im making it" or just show up.  Much easier for people seeing it to start their planning than to group think a date.  After all, just cause you cant go to the first one doesnt mean you cant make the second one!  

Food for thought.

I think I can make it. A specific time would determine that and I understand that's up to GG's availability. 

Side question, I am looking at some of the V4 box sets. Is the starter German/British tank pack the way to go? I have been thinking about running a MW German panzer army and the panzer box with the 88's does look nice. 

15 hours ago, Godfrey9 said:

Side question, I am looking at some of the V4 box sets. Is the starter German/British tank pack the way to go? I have been thinking about running a MW German panzer army and the panzer box with the 88's does look nice. 

The starter box - Rommel's Afrika Korps (GEAB14) - http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=144&art_id=5517&kb_cat_id=64

provides a 4-platoon force between 55 and 109 points, depending on upgrades. At $80.00 for 10 models plus the mini rule book, it is a GREAT deal

I have been going to Oregon City Geeks and Games on tuesday nights and playing Flames of War, last night, there were several newer people playing about 100pt armies of the new V4 midwar stuff and it looked like they were really enjoying it.   The game seems to be picking up.

If Tues nights works for anybody, OCGG is a nice place to play. They have several tables always set up and the owner has always been a FOW player.

Well I stuck around until about quarter till 4. I got one game in with my friend Robert. We did a 50pt tank battle. Germans won fairly convincingly, but it could have been from lack of available tanks. Not quite sure how I'm digging the new "make an army" rules. Leaves you with a lot less for options than before. Play was fine though, but still issues with determining concealment and a few other bits.