Wait.. rhinos that can run?! (rules question)

Xavier319

OKay, so clearly rhinos cannot run. The question is, the stormlance battle demi-company states...

"...Other units from this formation can move D6" immediately after they shoot in the shooting phase...."

It's not a run, it's a move. And it doesn't specify infantry. Can the razorback and rhinos move the D6" as well after shooting? If they can, that's really cool and makes for a very mobile and scooty army. I"m going off RAW, but it seems like they can. Maybe I"m behind the times, I"ve just never looked at this formation before really. Now, i'm not asking what you think the RAI is, or what you think is balanced, i'm asking about RAW.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 1

I'd have to read the full rules but a straight up move does not mean it is a run move or otherwise; it's just a move. Usually (emphasis here) they tell you which units cannot participate. So, for instance, they will say "All non-vehicle units" or "All infantry units" which limits what can participate. If there is no unit specific wording that tells you who benefits, then all units in the formation benefit regardless of type

So after reading the rules, I don't see anything that prohibits the rhinos from moving, even with the second part of the sentence. However I see where WestRider is talking about when they say that infantry is implied. The whole paragraph is written as if it was talking about infantry that isn't on a bike or isn't using a jump pack.

So RAW says yes. RAI may be different. But like I said, usually they say what can or cannot participate and here it clearly says units, not "infantry" or "non-infantry".

• Like 1