Mourngul conversion idea

Recently I found the Nighthaunt army from the Death alliance, and I really enjoy this army over my current chaos one. However the centerpiece to the army is the mourngul from FW. Now the model is ok, I'm just not a huge fan of it. But I found an alternative that I like. It involves the old nightbringer and a pair of wings. My question is, would this be ok to use? Its a pretty simple conversion, and the models needed are about as expensive, if not more than the FW one. I want to do a combination of the wings of the top version and the paint and house thingy of the second.

desert_wraiths_01 (2).jpg

undeadarmy6.jpg

• Like 1

65mm? Citadel bases have 60mm and 80mm Rounds, but I don't see anything in-between those.

EDIT: Wait, hang on. They do have 65mm in the Shattered Dominion set, but not in plain or Sector Imperialis. I wish they'd either really get solid on standardization, or explicitly put something in the Rulebooks that says "you can use any reasonable-sized base".

Also, those do look sweet. I converted a Nightbringer into a Nurgle Daemon Prince, and it's a great Model to work from.

22 minutes ago, WestRider said:

65mm? Citadel bases have 60mm and 80mm Rounds, but I don't see anything in-between those.

EDIT: Wait, hang on. They do have 65mm in the Shattered Dominion set, but not in plain or Sector Imperialis. I wish they'd either really get solid on standardization, or explicitly put something in the Rulebooks that says "you can use any reasonable-sized base".

Also, those do look sweet. I converted a Nightbringer into a Nurgle Daemon Prince, and it's a great Model to work from.

Yeah,,its those goofy Brits and their "standards" lol

I doubt anyone would take issue if a 60mm were used instead:)