Hab 27 - modular game board - long project

scotthartman

Hi all,

My brother often inspires me to make better gaming models and terrain. His recent completion of his modular gaming table for Inquisimunda has done it again to me. If you are interested in what I am referring to then look here, http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7824266/1/, or search for Shibboleth Sumptown. I only hope to come close to what he has made but also put my own stamp on it. With that in mind I am starting 'Hab 27', a residential area of hive city suitable for playing Necromunda, Shadow War, or Infinity (or any other skirmish game you want in a sci-fi setting). My goal is to create a dense 4x4' gaming table made of modular tiles and a small amount of scatter terrain.

My inspiration Pinboard http://pin.it/5mkkpDM

Step 1: I begin with a mockup for relative heights and density using 1" tiles. This is representing a 3x3' table.

mockup.jpg.4714e3c12608ea8cf929aafee6ba44b7.jpg

Step 2: After that I dug into making the first tile. An experiment of sorts both in form and materials. I have plenty to pick from but just getting my bearings on how I want to make these things. Detail work and texturing is step 3.

tile1-2.jpg.1d657bb65a8096966d5d9cae205d04bc.jpg58ebb6c83b279_tile1-1.jpg.af4fb8d5230c942deedc4aecc3a65928.jpg

FYI, I am sporadic in work like this. Expect lulls intermixed with a big update now and then.

Cheers,
Scott

• Like 3