RCR.jpg

Red Card Rampage

One day 4 rounds

1,200,000 Gp

May 20, 2017

Ordo Fanaticus Club House

717 SE Main St.

Portland, OR 97214

Ticket Prices $10 - Collected during morning registration. Ability to make change will be limited so please try and bring exactly $10.

Schedule

• Registration 8:30 - 9:00
  • Game 1: 09.15 - 11.15
  • Game 2: 11.30 - 1.30
  • Lunch (Favorite team & dish selection will take place during this time)
  • Game 3: 2:30 - 4:30
  • Game 4: 4:45:00 - 6:45
  • Awards: 7:00

Summery:

This will be a fun single day Blood Bowl tournament taking place at the Ordo Fanaticus Club House. The rules for this event were shamelessly stolen from Foul Bowl and lightly modified. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me on the forums or at shane@ordobowl.com.

Tournament Scoring:

• 10 points for a win
  • 4 points for a draw
  • 0 point for a loss
  • -10 points for conceding
  •  

Bonus Points:

There will be a Bonus Point awarded for each Foul which results in a Casualty. These will only affect the final standings in a tiebreaker situation, as explained below.

Tie Breaker:

In the event of a tie with two or more coaches having the same amount of points at the end of the tournament, the winner will be decided by the coach with the most Fouls which have resulted in a Casualty. If there is still a tie, then most casualties, followed by most touchdowns.

Team Build:

Coaches have a maximum of 1,200,000 Gold Pieces to build their team. 1 Star Player per team is allowed (2 for Stunty) and only after the minimum 11 players have been purchased.

Each team will have a free Bribe to use in each of their games as described in the Blood Bowl CRP. Additional Bribes may be purchased and is even encouraged. All Teams will be allowed to purchase an additional 3 bribes at 100k each (Goblins 50k each).

Goblin Teams only required to randomly select a Dirty Tricks Special Play card before each game. The cards must come from the new Team Titans Pack. If you would like to play goblins but are having a hard time finding a deck there may be an opportunity to borrow one from another player.

Skills:

These skills will be unrestricted other than, as in the rule book, you will be allowed a maximum of 6 skills on a single player.

• Tier 1 - Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Wood Elves, Skaven, Dwarf, Norse, Lizardmen, Orc, Undead
  • Tier 2 - High Elves, Human, Chaos Pact, Dark Elves, Chaos, Necromantic, Pro Elves, Khemri, Slann
  • Tier 3 - Ogres, Halflings, Goblins, Vampires, Nurgle, Underworld

• Tier 1 - 7 normal skills plus 1 double skill (that's 8 in total).
  • Tier 2 - 9 normal skills plus 1 double skill (that's 10 in total).
  • Tier 3 - 10 normal skills plus 2 double skills (that's 12 in total).

For tier 2 & 3 only, you may use one double skill to instead remove any skill from one of your own players. Definition of a skill would be any word written in the box from page 68 in the CRP Skill categories. All skills are eligible for removal.

Stars must keep the skills they have and cannot be changed.

The Potluck:

Attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share with everyone at the event. There will even be an award for the best dish awarded as chosen by the attendees. Our last Master Chef brought green chili eggs that were amazing!

PRIZES - (Only one award per coach)

• Skull Crusher Champion – Winningest Record
  • Head Smasher - Most Casualty's (everything counts)
  • Best in Show – Favorite team as voted on by the participants.
  • Master Chef - Favorite dish as voted on by the participants.

Other Stuff:

The Red Card Rampage will be using the latest Blood Bowl rules.

All teams and Star Players from Blood Bowl, the Death Zone supplements and from the Legacy Teams PDF (available from GW) may be used also the Slann Team available from the NAF site.

You may "Argue the Call"

You may use the "Piling On" skill as per the CRP

No illegal procedures for not moving a turn counter but the games will be tight. You will have no more than 2 hours per game. We will try to remind coaches at regular intervals of how long is left but we will stop games that threaten to run over the allotted time limit and call the result.

There will be no overtime play. After 2 halves, the game is over.

Your team will be painted with a minimum of three colors and based.

Proxy models can only be used at the discretion of myself, please inquire as to what represents as a Proxy. For example you built a Blood Bowl team from Age of Sigmar plastic miniatures removing all the weapons, this would be fine. You play 40k and thought you could use your Space Marines, not fine.

Please bring all dice, models, 3 copies of your roster.

Please find some way of marking players with added skills. This can be done with a simple colored marker denoting that a player has skills above their starting roster skills.

To register please post up in this thread and I will add you to the list. Rosters in advance will help make sure the event starts on time!

• Like 1

Awards have been ordered. I am looking forward to seeing the mayhem that ensues!

Remember to try and get your lists in before the day of the event to make my life easier. If you are taking advantage of the removal of a "skill" rather than taking a double, please make sure to make that clear on the roster that it was removed. 

On 5/6/2017 at 0:50 AM, Vraeden said:

Have fun guys. I was tempted to take the day off, but 8:30 am start and 2 hour match times doesn't work for me. 

I need to finish painting my teams as well. 

I'm curious, as an ordo event planner, what kind of schedule would suit you better?  How late into an evening do you want to spend at an event?  We tend to run events the way we've always run them.  Always grateful for feedback.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2017 at 10:04 PM, Rhuntar said:

I'm curious, as an ordo event planner, what kind of schedule would suit you better?  How late into an evening do you want to spend at an event?  We tend to run events the way we've always run them.  Always grateful for feedback.

I get home from work at midnight most evenings. Early mornings are difficult. It takes about an hour to get to the clubhouse. If I shower and grab food I would need to be up by 6:30am.

I am used to events starting at 10am and ending as late as 10pm. In my experience, more people are willing to participate with a later start time. 

For Blood Bowl, 2 hours per match is less than 4 minutes per turn. Add in prematch set up, and for me it stops being tactical. Instead I am focused on the clock which limits my enjoyment of the game.  

This tournament works for people that work traditional 9-5 jobs. My group of friends are mostly service industry, swing shift workers. 8:30 am is too early for us to participate. 

There will be other tournaments. The ones held at game stores will be easier for me to attend. 

• Like 2