Red Card Rampage - May 20th

savion47

15 minutes ago, sbr said:

I finally paid enough attention to the rules pack to realize I could remove Blood Lust from 2 Vampires so I am probably going to go that route again. 

Working on a roster now.

Sorry, there appears to be a slight typo/unclear wording. You can use one double skill to remove a skill. So only 1 BL gone. I will fix the error.

13 minutes ago, sbr said:

I finally paid enough attention to the rules pack to realize I could remove Blood Lust from 2 Vampires so I am probably going to go that route again. 

Working on a roster now.

actually only 1.  The wording is "remove any skill from one of your own players"  I thought the same till Savion corrected me.....

Ah yeah I see that now, thanks for the correction.

That's still not too bad; with 1 BL gone I can still go with 5 Vampires (4 w/ Blodge and 1 with 1 skill) and using the double for Leader on a Thrall lets me lose a reroll and grab an extra Thrall.

Not quite as good as before but still fun enough to go that way over Necro I think.  I'll noodle about it some more tomorrow but will have my roster sent in in the next 26 hours or so.

Thank you everyone for playing! Here are the results:

• Skull Crusher Champion – Steve - Vampires
  • Head Smasher - Weav - Khemri
  • Best in Show – Burk - Goblins
  • Master Chef - Steve - Vampires

I hope to do more of these 1 day tournaments throughout the year with zany rules I steal from other tournaments around the word. if you have something you want to try, shoot me a PM with the info!

Also, The next season of the league will b starting next month. Stay tuned for more details!

• Like 4

Vampire.1

5 Vampires, 10 Thralls, 4 RRs

Used 1 double to remove BL from 1 Vampire, other Double for a Leader Thrall (for 5RR total).  All 5 Vampire were Block+Dodge.

I didn't run into too much Tackle, and I had a deep bench and feel like I was a touch lucky on injury rolls so had plenty of blood bags on the pitch.

I drew with Dan's Nurgle and beat Weav's Khemri and michaels' Necro.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sbr said:

Vampire.1

5 Vampires, 10 Thralls, 4 RRs

Used 1 double to remove BL from 1 Vampire, other Double for a Leader Thrall (for 5RR total).  All 5 Vampire were Block+Dodge.

I didn't run into too much Tackle, and I had a deep bench and feel like I was a touch lucky on injury rolls so had plenty of blood bags on the pitch.

I drew with Dan's Nurgle and beat Weav's Khemri and michaels' Necro.

Lets not forget you started the casualty count for the tournament by biting a thrall turn one.

• Like 2