ESO is free-to-play next week on Steam, Xbox and PS4

Duckman

20 hours ago, Duckman said:

The model is free-to-play anyway but they are waiving the purchase price of the game for the next week if anyone is interested in trying it out.  Free play begins tomorrow (4/11) and runs for a week.

You sure? My PS4's Store has it listed with a cost, today. Certainly discounted, but it isn't free. 

On April 11, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Duckman said:

I found that page too, but when I log in, it briefly logs in, then claims their's an issue, and logs me out. Meanwhile, it's still being sold at a price in the PS4's store. 

Finally found it. It can't be found in the store, but if you hold over the store icon, without actually selecting the store, a list of promotional things shows up, including this demo. I'm off the try out the demo.

Glad you got it worked out.  Since I play on PC I knew it was available but not how to hook you up any better than I did.

For those enjoying I know the PC version is marked down 66% this week and I assume the same is true for other platforms.  I played back at release and my friends and I all bailed on them because they made mistakes that could have been avoided if they had paid attention to anything learned in the prior 20 years of MMOs.

This is the third anniversary and they've made enough improvements that I have been playing and enjoying for free for about a month now.  They offer a cash shop (cosmetics and exp buffs), they have 4 DLCs which are optional and they offer a subscription (EXO+) which includes an exp and cash buff, access to the DLCs and some crown currency (their cash shop coin).  It also includes one thing you cannot get anywhere else...  A bottomless crafting goods bag that is great if you want to do crafting.

• Like 1

Wow, must be a really light population game. Keeps allowing me to use character names that are normally taken. Keep naming my PCs after pathfinder deities.

My Breton Nightblade is Norgorber. And my Orc Dragon-something Is Ayrzul. I may have to make a bunch of characters to place hold names...