Shadow War: Ordogeddon - the league

AgentP

So... basically "WYSIWYG is the rule, but we'll allow some wiggle room. Just don't be a d**k about not putting the effort in on your and don't be a d**k about your opponent's models."

But that's kinda wordy for a bullet-point on the rules' sheet.

• Like 2

I really appreciate the positive attitude Sugarlessllama is displaying about a rule they aren't fond of. I understand why WYSIWYG can seem daunting, but I think the community is pretty cool about most stuff. I know if you were in a pickle and couldn't make a change I would be okay with it for one game, so long as you kept reminding me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steel Angel said:

Dont know why anyones even worried about this. When the last time someone even cared to look to see if a model was wysiwyg? 

I would notice it in the game. If you rolled a six to hit, and did a 2+ ammo roll, but it was an autogun, I'd be annoyed you didn't tell me.

Here's my (fairly minor) concern, if you can play up to two games per play period and their are six play periods, it's quite possible someone might hit the fifteen cache victory condition halfway or two-thirds of the way through. (Most missions grant the winner d3 caches.)

What do we do if that happens? Just keep playing and see who comes in second, third, and so forth? End the campaign? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

Here's my (fairly minor) concern, if you can play up to two games per play period and their are six play periods, it's quite possible someone might hit the fifteen cache victory condition halfway or two-thirds of the way through. (Most missions grant the winner d3 caches.)

What do we do if that happens? Just keep playing and see who comes in second, third, and so forth? End the campaign? 

My guess we will skip the 15 goal and just go with who has the most at the end

• Like 1

Prizes and requirements-

"WARRIOR: A prize for the team with the most promethium at the end

ARTIST: A prize for the best painted team at the end.  This requires you starting with an unpainted team, and painting  and converting it over the course of the league, with at least one status update post per game period at www.ordofanaticus.com

NARRATOR:  A prize for the person who creates the best running story based on their team’s exploits.  This requires a story post on www.ordofanaticus.com after every mission."

2 hours ago, savion47 said:

for the first league, I think keeping it open and casual is best. If people want to restart or switch factions, it should be ok.

I agree.  You can switch factions.  You obviously don't transfer gear upgrades, experience, etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steel Angel said:

When are we locked in to our team. First game? Cause im liking Skitari too. 

Yeah,,I was looking for the starter box for the Skitari at the GW store but all starters for this game were sold out there...

Im probably going to start an Iron Hands army to be my base Adeptus army and use this game as jump off point for it.They are very fluffy allies with Ad Mech so I can branch out with it if the next version of 40k looks good:)

• Like 1