Shadow War: Ordogeddon - the league

AgentP

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I'm in for fun. Just played my 2nd 40k game so I'm pretty new to that still, but love 40k lore.  Have Orks I want to play in this.  Don't have rule book yet though

Ya, there are a number of us without the rulebook right now. Hopefully they will print enough and it wont be super scarce like the box set. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Ok newb question, WoW stands for... (assume a game store)? Just gotten into the this stuff, been to GG and Red Castle. 

Also how flexible are the days for games? Wednesday night thru Saturday day are best times for me usually. (Work the other days)

WOW stands for Western Oregon Wargamers. Ordo sublets clubhouse space from them. You can get the info on the location here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happycamper said:

Ok newb question, WoW stands for... (assume a game store)? Just gotten into the this stuff, been to GG and Red Castle. 

Also how flexible are the days for games? Wednesday night thru Saturday day are best times for me usually. (Work the other days)

Although I don't think you are required to play league games there. As long as there is plenty of terrain to fit onto a tiny table you should be able to play a game. :D

Wednesday nights at Guardian are ideal for me; I've been going to D&D every other week with my daughter (she's in the youth game and loves it) but it's become increasingly hard to find a seat at an adult table that won't play long past the time when I have to get her home. 

But a SW:A game should easily play out in two hours or less. 

Specifically, it's Armageddon itself. The fourth world out from the local star, and the primary battleground of three Wars of Armageddon. Although heavy fighting also occurred on the fifth planet, the ice world of Chosin, and the sixth planet, an Imperial Navy's port world named St. Jowen's Dock. 

File:Armageddon_System_Map.jpg

There was also a lot of fleet to fleet combat between the Imperial Navy and Space Marines against the Ork fleet. Not to mention the three massive "monitoring stations" (named Dante, Yarrick,  and Mannheim) orbiting past the outermost planets.

Armageddon itself basic had six major theaters of war: the Fire Wastes (hot wastelands in the north, lots of ore mines and oil platforms); the Deadlands (arctic southern pole, water processing plants and some major Ork airfields); Armageddon Prime and Armageddon Secundus (the east- and west-halves of the main continent and home to some 8-10 hive cities); the Equitorial Jungle (a massive perfect for all those homesick Catachans that divides Armageddon Primus from Secundus); and, finally, and Phoenix Island (very similar to the Gire Wastes, but smaller).

TL;DR: It's a great big war zone and you can justify any sort of scenery or scenario.