Runewars?

wisetiger7

Anyone going to give Runewars Miniatures a try?

Looks interesting. The rules are fairly simple, especially if you're already used to FFG's other games (SW:X-Wing and SW:Armada). I've been itching for something different, fantasy-wise, with rank-and-file units.

9th Age and KoW just isn't doing it for me these days. But I like the idea of the movement trays, established unit sizes (like KoW), unit upgrades (like X-Wing/Armada), and simple movement schemes and use of command dials (also like X-Wing/Armada).

I didn't even consider Runewars until news of Latari Elves dropped. And the aesthetics are interesting. Very Warcraft III. I don't know if I like them just yet, but the elves are loads better than anything GW has put out. They actually look like elves, rather than halflings with pointed ears and tall helmets.

I'm still on the fence, but I might pick up the elf box when it drops Q3 just to try it out. I'd like to see larger point value games and see how impressive large armies look on the table.

Ive been kinda following it,,ive decided to pass for now though.

I read were the model quality isnt that great and building up a varied army is rather spendy.

It seems cool and I do like the mechanics and appearance of a fair amount of depth in play,,im just gonna take a wait and see on it for now.