That New Guy

CliffsidePDX

I'm going to be that new guy that's looking for advice. I'm new to both Infinity and the forum world, so please forgive me if I break any rules.

I just moved back to the area, and had just gotten into Infinity right before moving away from Russia. That being the case, I am still very much a veteran. I've been able to rope my father-in-law in to play the missions from Operation Icestorm, but I'm hoping to get more involved with the game and learn a lot more about it. Hopefully I've come to the right place.

I'm looking for a place to learn and play, and was also hoping to get some guidance on where to go with the armies I have, if any of you have some thoughts. I currently have the starter sets for PanOceania and the Nomads from Operation Icestorm, as well as the starter army for Yu Jing from Red Veil. I enjoy the Nomads and Yu Jing but I don't know what to add next to get the armies up to 200pts and 300pts. Welcome any thoughts people might have!

Looking forward to hopefully finding a time to learn/play.

• Like 2

The easiest way to start is to get the basic trooper SWC box, like Alguacils for Nomads. That way, you can have a basic fire team for sectorials or at a minimum have basic troops with medium and long range guns. 

I also recommend looking at the MayaCast podcast and listen to what they recommend for lists on a budget for the factions you like. If you don't know yet, proxy models and see what you like.

• Like 2