Younger Players

The past few months, I've been very sloooowly getting my Start Collecting Ironjawz set assembled and painted, with an eye to expanding it into a full 2,000+ point army in the future. My oldest daughter has been following my progress and has begun asked in a oh-so-subtle manner about getting some Sylvaneth for her upcoming birthday (she'll be 11 on the 15th).

Now, I'm totally onboard with this idea (if I can make the budget work) and look forward to fighting many a battle on our dining room table. However, she's voiced some reluctance at playing games against other adults and older teens... Are there any other kids (10-15) in the Portland area that play AoS?

She's been playing D&D for about a year now, dabbled in X-Wing, and is a pretty smart kid. So I have no doubt she'll be able to learn AoS.

• Like 1

My oldest boy ,16 was playing alot more last year but its getting hard to keep him in a game since the first of this year..we all have computers and are avid gamers on those as well,so that doesnt help,lol.

I believe there are some parent/kid players up at Geeks and Games in OC,,maybe ask on their fb page?

13 minutes ago, DasBox said:

We have a couple of younger guys over at Red Castle but they are big into 40k. I'll let you know if they take up AoS.

She hasn't shown any interest in science fiction — be it gaming, movies, or books — apart from Star Wars. So she says WH40k isn't really interesting to her... Although when she watched the Death Guard teaser trailer with me she started asking me to explain more about Papa Nurgle. She seems gleefully amused by how happy his followers are.

Maybe when the 8th Edition starter set drops... ;^)

• Like 1

Well, I'm committed now: Guardian Games gave me a Start Collecting! Sylvaneth box in exchange for letting them swipe a tiny rectangular bit of plastic through a machine that went beep.

Eldest Child and I share a birthday this coming Monday (5/15). She's going to get the present of a bunch of angry walking shrubbery and my present will be getting to krump'um with my orcs.

• Like 4