Imperial Guard OP PLZ NERF

So I've decided that after playing two games and ending up with a wopping 8 promethium caches that Imperial Guard run by a savvy Necromunda vet might be slightly over powered. My first game consisted of me terrorizing some poor old Necrons with a seemingly endless rain of krak grenades until thy were little more than scrap parts. Add to that my opponent rolled poorly for his number of fighters available and lost a guy BEFORE the fight even started.

Also some of the scenarios are looking a little lopsided. Case in point: Game #2 lasted all of 2 turns. It was Scavengers. and we rolled only one loot counter which I got to place. 8 inches from my edge. My opponent's CSMs never even SAW my guardsmen. Amusing but hardly what I'd call a fun battle. Any how feel free to share your tales of skirmish level fun and fail. 

Placing the single objective near your board edge as an 'option' does seem a little broken. I mean, if it's one marker I usually put in the middle somewhere for fun. However, I would say the rules do unbalance some match-ups. I played Raid with 4 of my 6 guys, but imagine if I had rolled 1, i'd be screwed. So I can agree SW:A does have some broken games, but it makes for zaniness (which i like). 

• Like 1

Just now, WestRider said:

Also, doesn't Scavengers say that you should place the counters before picking Table Edges?

I need to double check. I honestly didn't think about the win condition I wound up rolling to choose first and figured being close to the token would be helpful. I was a little surprised that there wasn't a provision for something like this.

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

However, I would say the rules do unbalance some match-ups. I played Raid with 4 of my 6 guys, but imagine if I had rolled 1, i'd be screwed. 

In one of my two "test matches" against Steel Angel, I was the defending side in a Rescue Mission and rolled miserably for my number of initial defenders: one lone Harlequin. 

It's not a mission Harlequins are well suited for as defenders even under optimal conditions... Still, dice were rolled, snacks were snacked, and beers were drunk. A good way to spend the evening.

• Like 2

So I stand corrected. Imperial Guard pale in comparison to Harlequins. But first let me set the stage. My first battle was against those pesky Khornite cultists and their World Eater masters. Having foiled their ambush without a single loss & rolling well on Vital Mission I was riding high. I should have known better.

The second battle was against an opponent I SHOULD have run screaming from. My opponent beat me on the mission roll off after I rolled a 6 on the Mission Chart and he picked Raid. By turn 3 all of my sentries had their insides reduced to the consistency of CHUNKY SALSA. Turn 4 my reinforcements joined them in Salsa Town. To make matters worse or make sense in this case every one of my Guardsmen died to their wounds. Except one of my special weapons troopers. He got captured and there is no one left to save him.

By The Throne revenge is great. My sole survivor was rescued* from his captor(s). This resulted in a crater and left my guardsman free to chew through his bindings and scamper home. Reinforcements were there waiting. I'm back on top and far wiser**.

*Evisors are about as good at saving people as they are not making messes.

**Paranoid

• Like 3

Rainy Day's Shadow Wars league came to an end today. I Came in 1st with 23 promethium caches but in a stroke of cosmic irony I am tied with my arch nemesis'. Indeed at the end of the day those vilely colorful Harlequins of Commander Skittle's Merry Troupe had purloined 23 promethium caches for themselves. How this will be resolved remains to be seen. One thing I do know is I don't look forward to tangling with Skittles again. He left poor Cpl. Marlow* with a crippling fear of balloon animals and tights. That boy just ain't been right since we found him wandering the sprawl smeared with blood and grease paint.

*The sole survivor form the last week.

• Like 1