Generals handbook 2?

My guess is that with Eighth Edition being the big thing this summer (new rules, new Imperial Marines, new Nurgle Marines) we probably won't see anything big for AoS until very late summer / early fall.

Maybe a small release of a Nurgle-book but with no/few new kits, akin to the recent Blades of Khorne book, to piggyback on the surge in interest that new Plauge Marines will probably bring. Maybe some dual purpose 40k/AoS kits for Nurgle Daemons/Cultists, as we saw with Tzeentch.

hope it comes sooner... But, I'm naturally cynical. But, in this instance, I'd love to be proven wrong.

I think the x-factor is how big of a "competitor" for Eighth Edition a new GHB would be and how willing GW is to have it competing for our hobby dollars.

12 hours ago, Spaceork said:

Tbf, there really isn't that many broken units. We only need a few minutes or tweaks to the rules. I ok waiting till early fall. Mostly cause I don't want to have to change my army for OFCC this late...

I am not sure I can trust a statement about broken units from a guy who uses Sayl in his list...haha only kidding. We actually also don't know if they are planning on updating  warscrolls in conjunction with GH2, but I kind of hope they do. I think with each release of the GH they should give a real hard look at all the warscrolls across the range. You can see how they have made updates as new books come out, such as with the new Stormcast book.

It is a concern about it coming out too close to the OFCC and people potentially having to scramble to get more units painted right before the event. With WH40k 8th edition coming out in June, I bet the absolute earliest we see GH2 is in July.

2 minutes ago, Ish said:

Does the OFCC have an official "cut off" point for new releases / rule changes? 

No its totally up to Keith, the person running the event. I think if it comes out at the beginning of July most likely he will adopt the rule changes. In fact if you read the event packet there is talk about changes that could be made based on the GH2 coming out.

• Like 1

Yeah,we will probably do the first week in July as the cutoff date...this is dependant on how major the changes are to lists we have built though.If new points cause alot of grief then we will probably just stick with the existing comp:)

Im actually thinking that the GH2 probably wont make it in time for OFCC this year,,mainly due to the new 40k edition hitting in June along with all its releases.That will probably take up at least 2 months im thinking.

19 hours ago, deadwing34 said:

I am not sure I can trust a statement about broken units from a guy who uses Sayl in his list...haha only kidding. We actually also don't know if they are planning on updating  warscrolls in conjunction with GH2, but I kind of hope they do. I think with each release of the GH they should give a real hard look at all the warscrolls across the range. You can see how they have made updates as new books come out, such as with the new Stormcast book.

It is a concern about it coming out too close to the OFCC and people potentially having to scramble to get more units painted right before the event. With WH40k 8th edition coming out in June, I bet the absolute earliest we see GH2 is in July.

Ha! I am guilty of using Sayl. But to be fair, I launch a unit of Nurgle Warriors at people. Which is pretty far to the bottom of scary units to throw at people. But he a great example of a good unit, but not broken. He gives a unit great mobility for one turn. The busted units are the huskards, empire-mobile-buff-truck plus a couple others that need a point adjustment.

• 1 month later...

AoSLogo.jpg

The General’s Handbook release last year proved to be perhaps the most important book released so far for Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

It introduced the revolutionary concept of the 3 Ways to Play – open, narrative and matched play – and was packed with a massive amount of content for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar fan. You gamers out there loved it, and we saw an explosion of Warhammer Age of Sigmar gaming across the world, from narrative campaigns to awesome multiplayer wars, and a huge increase in matched play tournaments.

But this book was only ever going to be the beginning.

The General’s Handbook is to be the mechanism by which the game is continually supported every year, and we’re delighted to announce today that a sequel is on the way.

AoSGenHanbook2017Cover.jpg

The General’s Handbook 2017 will again be an invaluable resource for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar gamer.

For open play, the multiplayer rules have been massively expanded, and now include Triumph & Treachery – devious rules for mid-game betrayals.

Narrative players are about to get really spoilt. With Path to Glory soon to become its own stand-alone expansion, this section has been freed up for a huge amount of new content in the 2017 edition. Highlights include rules for siege warfare in the Mortal Realms and Time of War battlefield rules for locations in every realm (even the one’s we haven’t been to yet!).

Matched play is set to get plenty of updates too. These include new Battleplans, new rules of one, and updated points for units in every faction in the Mortal Realms.

AoSGenHanbook2017Battle.jpg

Perhaps most excitingly of all are the new Allegiance Abilities. These are much expanded from those four Grand Alliance army-traits from the previous General’s Handbook. The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaaneshi hosts, Nighthaunts and over a dozen others.

This book is going to be seriously awesome for any Warhammer Age of Sigmar fan.

For those of you with the current edition, loads of the content in there – such as the battleplans, narrative games and campaign overviews – will remain valuable gaming content, so it will be well worth keeping hold of.

The General’s Handbook 2017 is on the way later this year, and like it’s predecessor, will come in an affordable paperback format.

So is the idea that this book REPLACES the current General's Handbook, or that it ADDS to the existing General's Handbook? Description isn't really clear and GW requiring players to buy 2 books seems just as likely as them requiring players to just replace their 1 book with another 1 book....

If I'm parsing the "salesman speak" right, it sounds like the GHB v2.0 will be completely standalone but some of the content (i.e., specific missions) in the GHB v1.0 will not be reproduced.

This is actually kinda smart, since people who already own GHB v1.0 won't feel that they've been forced to buy the same book twice. Which you just know people were going to complain about.

48 minutes ago, Ish said:

This is actually kinda smart, since people who already own GHB v1.0 won't feel that they've been forced to buy the same book twice. Which you just know people were going to complain about.

Let's be honest. Some of those people, there ain't NO way to stop them from complaining ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

So is the idea that this book REPLACES the current General's Handbook, or that it ADDS to the existing General's Handbook? Description isn't really clear and GW requiring players to buy 2 books seems just as likely as them requiring players to just replace their 1 book with another 1 book....

Its a replacement,,expect a replacement every year.

Im probably going to do the digital this time to save a few bucks,,,a very few bucks,heh

1 hour ago, WestRider said:

Let's be honest. Some of those people, there ain't NO way to stop them from complaining ;)

I have said for years now that anything GW does will be met with three responses:

• 33% of the player base will declare it the worst thing ever created by humans since the invention of murder and that the game has been RUINED FOREVER.
  • 33% of the player base will declare it the greatest thing ever created by humans since the invention of orgasms and that the game is now PERFECT FOREVER.
  • 34% of us will just continue to play with our toy soldiers, maybe buy the new thing if we think its neat, and continue to silently wish the others could just SHUT THE HELL UP.
  • Like 3

As long as they keep the price down, I don't really see an issue.

That said, I bought my copy of the current General's Handbook in the last month. So a bit of reasonable annoyance there.

10 hours ago, Threejacks said:

Rumor has it(from the official fb page) that the core rules remain pretty much untouched.This is mainly new play modes/features and points adjustments.Also Alegiance abilities for armies that dont have them yet(Seraphon come to mind).

Yah I think that no changes to the core rules will be a bit of a disappointment to some. But I really enjoy the core rules and how streamlined they are. I think new points, some updates to the core missions and of course updates to points will go a long way to hopefully bring a bit more balance to the game. I am still hopeful that some of the warscrolls that are either too powerful/under powered or just poorly written will get updated along with the GH2.

• Like 1