Friday - OFCC - 3 round 8th edition

AgentP

On 5/13/2017 at 7:37 AM, AgentP said:

We will be adding a three-round 8th edition rogue trader tournament to the OFCC schedule, to occur on Friday.

General

1500 its.  All units that have 8th edition stats are permitted.

3 rounds

3 color plus basing required - no exceptions, this is OFCC.

Mission Determination

Players roll a d6.  On a 1-3, their mission will be from the Eternal War section.  On a 4-6, their mission will be from the Maelstrom of War section.

Players then roll another d6 to determine the individual mission within those sections.

Whatever mission you roll, the following special rules apply to the following rounds:

ROUND 1:  Use the Night Fight Battlezone special rules found on pg 252.

ROUND 2:  Use the Cities of Death rules found on pg 260.

ROUND 3:  Use the Death from the Skies rules found on pg 268.

FAQs

GW FAQ in effect

Tournament FAQ as follows:

• No understrength units allowed - you must field the minimum
  • In determining who controls an objective, you do not count the number of models within 3", instead you count the number of current wounds of the models within 3" of the objective at the time you are determining who controls it.  
  • If playing the "No Mercy" mission, rather than getting 1 point for each unit destroyed, you get a number of points equal to that unit's power level (not points, power level). 
  • Players who finish deploying first, do not automatically go first.  Instead, players roll off, and the highest roll goes first.  The player who finished deploying first gets a +1 on the roll.

Yay! Thanks, Bronson.

• Like 3

Blaagh! So excited!

Boy I wish DE still had night vision. How they stumble through the chasms and spikes of the Dark City in this edition, I'll never know. 

Really like the power level change for the kill points! I'll still bleed easy though...

Any sort of list submition or just bring 5 copies on the day? 

1 hour ago, Munkie said:

Blaagh! So excited!

Boy I wish DE still had night vision. How they stumble through the chasms and spikes of the Dark City in this edition, I'll never know. 

Really like the power level change for the kill points! I'll still bleed easy though...

Any sort of list submition or just bring 5 copies on the day? 

Bring copies of your list.  No submission early.  DO NOT rely only on Battlescribe or other such programs (they are full of errors currently).  Verify your points the old fashioned way.

• 2 weeks later...

Noon start? Then I don't have to get up crazy early to miss Seattle AND Portland commute traffic? 

Kewl.

Now to consolidate all of my Bitz into as few totes as possible so I can load in easier.

Anyone mind if my objective markers also hold Dixie cups of Apple, Raspberry or Huckleberry Mead?

It will be after noon, after all...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

Noon start? Then I don't have to get up crazy early to miss Seattle AND Portland commute traffic? 

Kewl.

Now to consolidate all of my Bitz into as few totes as possible so I can load in easier.

Anyone mind if my objective markers also hold Dixie cups of Apple, Raspberry or Huckleberry Mead?

It will be after noon, after all...

Dibs on playing this guy!

• Like 1