So I just picked up my 9th Age ticket for OFCC, and I'm getting myself hyped up, reading through the tournament packet and putting together lists. In the interest of getting this hype train going, I thought I would post my list that I'm looking at running, and see what other people looking at bringing? 

I'm looking at bringing the Ogres (once again!), since my KoE are nowhere near ready:

Shaman
-General
-Wizard Master
-Lvl 4
-Hellfist
-Book of Arcane Lore
-Great Weapon

9 Tribesman
-Full Command
-Iron Fists

4 Bruisers
-Musician

3 Bruisers
-Musician

6 Mercenary Veterans
-Swiftstride & Thunderous Charge
-Standard / Muso
-Banner of Speed
-Iron Fists

2 Tusker Cavalary
-Muso
-Iron Fists

Kin Eater

4 Bombardiers 
-Muso

4 Bombardiers 
-Muso

Thunder Cannon

Slave Giant

• 1 month later...

So ended up doing a lot of revisions to my list after the last game I played: dropped the Shaman in favor of a choppy lord to go in the unit of Mercenary Vets (now 7 strong w/ Bodyguard +... something else. Lethal strike?). Messed around with core, ended up dropping some stuff to add another Tusker and a ... RockStoneHorn-thingy. I'll post my revised list at some point, now I just need to wait for my Stornhorn to ship...

4 hours ago, Lion of Flanders said:

When are lists to be submitted and how?   I haven't turned mine in yet, and I'm out of town 'till the 25th, so I might be in the OFCC doghouse.....

From the tourney packet:

Lists

All lists are open, meaning that you are expected to provide a copy of your list to your opponent at the beginning of each game. Lists are expected to be submitted to the Head of Gaming no later than 30 days before the event to be reviewed for errors.

...I guess I should have read the tournament packet better, haha. Someone help me decide if I should run a Giant or a Cannon!!!

Ok, this is the list I'm sticking with:

Great Khan - 800
-General
-Hellfist
-Khagadai's Maul
-Talisman of Greater Shielding
-Crown of Scorn
-Ogre Crossbow

6 Tribesman - 446
-Ironfists
-Musician and Standard

3 Bruisers - 185
-Musician

3 Bruisers - 185
-Musician

3 Bruisers - 185
-Musician

20 Scraplings - 130
-Musician

7 Mercenary Veterans - 965
-Full Command
-Iron Fists
-Aether Icon
-Bodyguard & Lethal Strike

3 Tusker Cavalry - 490
-Musician
-Light armor & Iron Fist

4 Bombardiers - 315
-Musician

4 Bombardiers - 315
-Musician

Kin Eater - 200

Slave giant - 280

Oh....ok...I had no clue about that...I just noticed it getting asked every week on the forum and nobosy answering.

Well my plan is to hopefully play Ogres: 

++ Ogre Khans (BS2.0 Ogre Khans - Hellfist) [4495pts] ++

+ Characters +

Great Khan [830pts]: Army General, Hellfist, Iron Fist, Ogre Crossbow
. Magic Items: Bluffer's Helm, Potion of Swiftness, Talisman of Supreme Shielding

+ Core +

Bruisers [625pts]: 8x Bruiser, Musician

Tribesmen [584pts]: Iron Fists, 7x Tribesman
. Champion
. Musician
. Standard Bearer
. . Veteran Standard: Banner of Speed

+ Special +

Sabretooth Tigers [80pts]: Sabretooth Tiger

Tusker Cavalry [548pts]: Champion, Great Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer, 3x Tusker Cavalry

Tusker Cavalry [548pts]: Champion, Great Weapon, Musician, Standard Bearer, 3x Tusker Cavalry

Yetis [160pts]: 2x Yeti

Yetis [160pts]: 2x Yeti

+ Chained Beasts +

Rock Auroch [480pts]: Hunting Spear

Rock Auroch [480pts]: Hunting Spear

++ Total: [4495pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

OK, so here is my list:

Iron Orc Warlord
General, Axe of the Aporcalypse, Talisman of Greater Shielding

Iron Orc Chief
Axe of Battle, Bronze Chestplate

Common Orc Chief
BSB, Dragon Mantle, Gleaming Icon

Common Orc Chief
Obsidian Sword, Armour of Fortune

Cave Goblins
30 Goblins, Full Command, 2 Mad Gits, Nets, Spears, Shield

Common Orc 'Eadbashers
30 Orcs, Full Command, Paired Weapons

Iron Orcs
30 Orcs, Full Command, War Standard

Common Orcs
20 Orcs, Bows

Common Goblin Raider
5 Raiders and Wolves, Lance, Bow

Common Goblin Raider
5 Raiders and Wolves, Lance, Bow

Greenhide Catapult

Greenhide Catapult

Gnasher Wrecking Team

Gnasher Wrecking Team

Gnasher Herd
14 Gnashers

7 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Hey guys,

Don't worry about submitting your lists 30 days before. I was over optimistic back then, the night before will be fine with me :D

To that end, if anyone who has already submitted wants to submit again, that is fine.

Us posting here sufficient?

Played my first game against Sam's Dread Elves on Saturday. Twas a smashing loss to a very solid general and army list. Thanks for the game and the experience. 

The warriors could not get a break on a few long charges, EVEN WITH RE-ROLLS (Lust), pretty annoying but that's what happens when you play against elves :tongue: and your dice haven't been warmed up in years. The counter charges were devastating and that was game, no question. 

With that I made a few changes to my list... Of course I would. 

This is what I'm thinking, the issue is getting enough scoring units while still having the ability to bring threats from every direction. Dropped Barbarians, 4 knights, and changed the characters up a bit. Need to go straight alpha strike with a follow up of warriors to hold positions or do what scoring units do. Considering lust allows warriors to reroll charges, I figure they arent a bad option for core scoring units that might be able to pull off a long charge every so often. Figure the DP and Lord supported by chariots, knights, and a giant should cause some early game disruption/ destruction. I figure this is their best option

Demon Prince *General

Lust, Apprentice Wizard, Shamanism, 2 spells. Waste hardened Skin. Lucky Shield, Lucky Charm. 2+5++

Lord of Chaos

Lust, Shield, Demonic Mount, ToE, +1S Sword. 1+5++

BSB

Lust, Shield, ToP. 3+6++

Core

17 Wasteland Warriors. Lust, FC. 

18 Wasteland Warriors, Lust, FC, Great Weapons

Special

6 Knights, Lust, FC, Magic Weapons. 

Chariot, Lust

Chariot, Lust

War shrine, Lust

5 War hounds

5 War hounds

Monsters

Giant

• Like 2

Also, only because you mentioned long charges, something you *could* consider doing: Transfer some Wasteland Warrior from one block to the other (1 big block to go forward, 1 smaller one to sit on objectives) BSB gets Stalker Standard (Strider + Swiftstride), banner bearer gets Banner of Speed. Move 5 warriors + Swiftstride and re-roll charges, heh. Not saying that's what you should do, the thought just occurred to me, heh.

• Like 1

TOE and TOP are the magic items that grant the ward saves. They could have different names in 9th age... Generic Talismans of ward saves is all, the 5+ and  6+ versions. Points are so slim at 4500 that magic items needed to be reduced to whats truly important. a 4+isnt much better than a 5+ in my experience when you compare their relative point cost. 

2 minutes ago, Fixxer said:

TOE and TOP are the magic items that grant the ward saves. They could have different names in 9th age... Generic Talismans of ward saves is all, the 5+ and  6+ versions. Points are so slim at 4500 that magic items needed to be reduced to whats truly important. a 4+isnt much better than a 5+ in my experience when you compare their relative point cost. 

Got it, totally makes sense! Yeah, for 100 points I almost never bring the 4++ save, or the 4++ regen now that regen no longer stacks with Fireborn. I do take the 5++ in a lot of my lists though, it has served me well!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fixxer said:

Played my first game against Sam's Dread Elves on Saturday. Twas a smashing loss to a very solid general and army list. Thanks for the game and the experience. 

The warriors could not get a break on a few long charges, EVEN WITH RE-ROLLS (Lust), pretty annoying but that's what happens when you play against elves :tongue: and your dice haven't been warmed up in years. The counter charges were devastating and that was game, no question. 

With that I made a few changes to my list... Of course I would. 

This is what I'm thinking, the issue is getting enough scoring units while still having the ability to bring threats from every direction. Dropped Barbarians, 4 knights, and changed the characters up a bit. Need to go straight alpha strike with a follow up of warriors to hold positions or do what scoring units do. Considering lust allows warriors to reroll charges, I figure they arent a bad option for core scoring units that might be able to pull off a long charge every so often. Figure the DP and Lord supported by chariots, knights, and a giant should cause some early game disruption/ destruction. I figure this is their best option

Demon Prince *General

Lust, Apprentice Wizard, Shamanism, 2 spells. Waste hardened Skin. Lucky Shield, Lucky Charm. 2+5++

Lord of Chaos

Lust, Shield, Demonic Mount, ToE, +1S Sword. 1+5++

BSB

Lust, Shield, ToP. 3+6++

Core

17 Wasteland Warriors. Lust, FC. 

18 Wasteland Warriors, Lust, FC, Great Weapons

Special

6 Knights, Lust, FC, Magic Weapons. 

Chariot, Lust

Chariot, Lust

War shrine, Lust

5 War hounds

5 War hounds

Monsters

Giant

Twas a magnificent game sir one of which hinged purely on the luck of the dice. I think with the added impact hits of your chariots from the charges and the +1 to the combat res it would of had a different out come. I think with the addition of the Giant and the chariots being extremely tough to get rid of it is a really solid list. If it was me i would drop one of the warhound packs as they seem to be pretty light and woeful and throw in a couple more of your knights. Your chariots have the flexibility to quickly get down flanks to take on war machines if need be and think possibly the points could be better backed up in the knights keeping them a dastardly unit that is pretty threatening. Just my 2 cent! Was a fantastic game and hope we get to have round 2 at ofcc but this time with more scotch and shenanigans! :)

• Like 2