Ordo Blood Bowl League 2017 Persistent League Season Two - begins 6/20/2017!

Weav

The next OBBL season is coming soon, rules below!

OBBL Premiership begins 6/20

OBBL Super League begins 6/22

http://ordobowl.com/index.php?section=rules

OBBL Persistent League Rules Manual

Overview

The OBBL Persistent League will start its next season on June 20th, 2017. Coaches will be split into two divisions depending on experience, the Premiership (first division) and the Super League (econd division). The season will consist of 8-10 games, with 2 games every 3 weeks. After the regular season, each league will have playoffs to determine their division championship. The winner of the OBBL Premiership League will be crowed OBBL Champion.

League communication will be provided via three primary channels: for all coaches, please regularly follow the Ordo Fanaticus Blood Bowl forum. Posts will be made regularly. Also for all coaches, major announcements will be made in the Ordo Bowl Facebook community. For the Super League, there is a dedicated Facebook group where communication is focused to the newer and inexperienced player.

Game matches, or 'fixtures', can be played anywhere that is agreed upon by the coaches, but there will be scheduled game nights for each league. It is not required that games be played during the scheduled game night, however, it helps us build community when we do. The OBBL Premiership, for experienced coaches, will be on Tuesdays at Ordo Fanaticus Game Night at W.O.W. If you are not familiar with the location, more information can be found here. The OBBL Super League, for newer and inexperienced coaches, will be held on Thursday evenings at Guardian Games. Remember, games can be played anywhere at any time during the scheduled dates for that round as long as it is agreed upon by both coaches. The schedule will be posted incrementally to allow for new players to join through the season.  

If the match cannot be completed, please contact the Commissioner to try to make arrangements. If arrangements cannot be made, the Commissioner will make the decision as to whether one coach will concede or if the match will be considered a tie.

Glittering Prizes

Prizes will be awarded to the Championship team in each division. 

Premiership - First Division and OBBL Champion:

·       100,000 gold pieces added to their treasury

·       The Ordo Bowl Champ title on the Ordo Fanaticus forums until a new champion is determined

·       League Trophy re-roll that can be used until the next season champion is determined

Super League - Second Division Champion:

·       80,000 gold pieces added to their treasury

·       The Super League Champion title on the Ordo Fanaticus forums until a new champion is determined

·       League Trophy re-roll that can be used until the next season champion is determined

Schedule

SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON REGISTRATION

·         June 5th – June 19th: Registration and roster building on OrdoBowl.com (need to be done so matches can be made)

·         June 20th – July 9th: Rounds 1 & 2

·         July 9th – July 31st: Rounds 3 & 4 (round may adjust due to OFCC)

·         August 1st – August 21st: Rounds 5 & 6

·         August 22nd – September 11th: Rounds 7 & 8 

·         September 12th – October 2nd: Rounds 9 & 10 (if needed) 

After the regular season, playoff matches will take place and a schedule will be made. Coaches will be encouraged to play matches as quickly as possible.

Friendlies:

Coaches will be allowed to play unlimited friendlies during the league. These matches will not count towards league points, but otherwise all results will be recorded (including injuries, star player points, winnings, expensive misstates, and sprawling expenses). Coaches can play teams in either division. If a friendly takes place between coaches in the two different divisions the coach from the OBBL Premiership League will give ½ of their winnings to the coach in the OBBL Super League. Coaches will be able to schedule these in Ordo Bowl on their own.  Information on how to create a match for your Friendly game using OrdoBowl.com can be found in the “How to Use the OrdoBowl.com Website” section. Please note: MVP awards are NOT available in friendlies, but other SPP's are.

Contact Information

If you have any questions about the league, please reach out to one of the following people. They will be able to help with questions and technical issues that arise.

Shane O’Brien – savion47 – shane@ordobowl.com – Commissioner and head of the OBBL Premiership League

Jason Weaver – Weav – weav@ordobowl.com – Head of the OBBL Super League

League Rules

All OBBL games will use the following rules for league and friendly games. All rules were discussed in the Ordo Fanaticus Blood Bowl forum prior to decisions being made. Note: all 'standard' rules for game play are in affect; the only changes are to 'non-standard' and optional rules as found in the Blood Bowl 2016 rule book, Death Zone Season One book, and Death Zone Season Two book. Please see a list of non-standard rules, as compiled by Ordo member Zorcon, and the official Ordo Bowl ruling:

OBBL House Rules

·         Sharing dice: Coaches are encouraged to share one set of dice, but it is not required

·         Scatter template: The Scatter Template should be set once at the beginning of the game and retain that position for the entire game

·         Re-roll counters: Coaches should have one counter for each re-roll on their roster; instead of moving a re-roll down the track when used, all re-rolls counters should be placed off the track, and then placed on the track in the position corresponding to the turn in which it was used

·         Star Players available: All Star Players in the CRP, BB16, DZ1, DZ2 and NAF 2017 document are available for inducement; Grak & Crumbleberry are ONLY available for friendlies

Main Rule Book

·         Special Play Cards: Available as an inducement (this adds +1 to the Draw and +1 to the Keep for the coach who bought the inducement during the Draw Special Play Cards step), mandatory for friendlies, both coaches must agree for official league games, including play-offs and finals; any and all decks released by Games Workshop, including Blitzmania, are allowed; coaches are encouraged to voluntarily limit decks to the Hall of Fame pack; when used, cards are to be distributed based on the rules in Death Zone Season One on page 23

·         List of all Rosters available: All teams in BB16 rule book, DZ1, DZ2 and Teams of Legend; Any teams in multiple publications uses the newest version (Chaos Renegades, Goblins and Humans to date)

·         Illegal Procedure: Not used in any form; players are required to assist with moving turn marker in a friendly and productive way

·         Time Limit: Not used in Super League, used in Premiership WHEN NEEDED at the discretion of your opponent; set to four minutes

Death Zone 1

·         MVP: Use DZ1 MVP rules for both leagues
Expensive Mistakes: Active

·         Resolving Downtime: Active immediately; work with league heads for rolls

·         Raising Funds: Active immediately; calculate value and confirm with league heads

·         Re-drafting: Active immediately; send new roster to league head ASAP

·         Piling On: Team re-roll required version active

·         Spiraling Expenses: Unused; Expensive Mistakes is enough

·         Argue the Call (require miniature?): Active, with miniature required in Premiership and not required in Super League

Death Zone 2

·         Rostering Star Players & Paying Upkeep: No rostered Star Players and therefore, no Paying Upkeep

·         Sponsorship Deals: Unused

·         Stadiums (random each game, become residents, and/or owning): Unused in league and friendly play but will be used and randomly determined for Finals

·         Famous Referees: Unused for league and friendly play, but will be used and randomly determined for Finals

·         Infamous Coaching Staff: Unused

My Dugout App

·         Additional Teams (new alternate races for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves): Unused

·         Additional Star Players (A new SP for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves): Unused

·         Additional Inducements (race specific for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves): Unused

·         Match Events (a random event occurs on a random turn--requires app): Unused

White Dwarf

·         Special Balls: Unused

·         Special Refs: Unused

·         Grombrindal and the Black Gobbo Star Players: Unused

Misc                                         

·         Alternate Weather Tables (Winter & Underground from alternate pitches) : Unused Prizes for painted teams: After round four, all fully painted and based teams received an extra MVP they can distribute to any player they choose; confirm with league head your team meets the standard

·         New FAQ & Errata (May from bloodbowl.com): Active

·         Special Play Card variants (from bloodbowl.com): Unused 

• Like 1

I really like the post season recruitment rules from DZ1. It allows new teams to be more effective while encouraging older teams to recruit their best players from season to season. Otherwise, the TV disparity can become a problem. 

I don't own DZ2 yet. I like the team roster additions though.

• Like 1

Zorcon, the coolest guy in the world, compiled a list of rules for discussion; posted after each rule is my inclination in bold red...please provide feedback! This is YOUR league!

Main Rule Book
Special Play Cards (Mandatory for friendlies, both coaches must agree for official league games, including play-offs and finals)
List of all Rosters available (note Updated teams in DZ2) (All teams in BB16 rule book, DZ1, DZ2 and Teams of Legend; Any teams in multiple publications uses the newest version)
List of all Star Players available (note New & Updated SPs in DZ1 & DZ2) (Use all Star Players in the CRP, DZ1, DZ2 and Grak & Crumbleberry)
Illegal Procedure (Not used)
Time Limit (Not used in Super League, used in Premiership WHEN NEEDED)

Death Zone 1
MVP (same rules in both leagues?) (Use DZ1 MVP rules for both leagues)
Expensive Mistakes (Active)
Glittering Prizes (3rd-30k; 2nd-60k; 1st-100k + bonus ”trophy” re-roll counter) (Unsure....)
Resolving Downtime (Unsure....)
Raising Funds (Unsure....)
Re-drafting (I recommend we make this active in both leagues)
Which version of Piling On (I recommend using the NAF version, where no TRR is needed)
Friendlies (specifically vs teams in other league) (Open to all teams in the league, inter-divisional games allowed...Premiership teams must give 50% of winnings to Super League team)
Spiraling Expenses (Unsure....)
Argue the Call (require miniature?) (Active, with miniature required in Premiership and optional in Super League)

Death Zone 2
Limited Star Player Pool (Make all Star Players active for use)
Rostering Star Players & Paying Upkeep (I love the idea of rostered Star Players but I don't think it is a good fit for us right now...recommend not using)
Sponsorship Deals (Unsure....)
Stadiums (random each game, become residents, and/or owning) (Not fond for each game, but maybe for friendlies and play-off/finals...?)
Famous Referees (Not for league games, maybe for a special tournament)
Infamous Coaching Staff (Unsure....)

My Dugout App
Additional Teams (new alternate races for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves) (Not in favor)
Additional Star Players (A new SP for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves) (Not in favor)
Additional Inducements (race specific for Orcs, Humans, Skaven, and Dwarves) (Not in favor)
Match Events (a random event occurs on a random turn--requires app) (Not in favor)

White Dwarf
Special Balls (Not in favor, maybe for special tournament)
Special Refs (Not in favor, maybe for special tournament)
Grombrindal and the Black Gobbo (Unsure...)

Misc
Alternate Weather Tables (Winter & Underground from alternate pitches) (Not in favor, maybe for special tournament)
Prizes for painted teams (In favor, an extra MVP for fully painted AND based after game four)
NAF Star Players (3 Sps from NAF rules pack) (In favor)
Grak & Crumbleberry (In favor)
New FAQ & Errata (May from bloodbowl.com) (Yes, mandatory)
Special Play Card variants (from bloodbowl.com) (Not sure I know what these are...?)

Between drafting and expensive mistakes, I am not sure how often spiraling expenses would come into play. So far I don't think any of our teams have reached those sort of TVs. 

I am also a fan of keeping the App rosters out. Some are crazy good, and I honestly do not want to do all the work to get them added to the site :biggrin:.

• Like 2

I can only comment on the rules I've read from the new stuff which is mainly the boxed set & DZ1. I read the Special Balls (hehe) thing & BB2 has pitch enhancements but I'm not sure they're the same as the box set.

Main Rule Book
Special Play Cards BLECH
List of all Star Players available (note New & Updated SPs in DZ1 & DZ2) CRP Star players

Death Zone 1
MVP (same rules in both leagues?) NEW RULES
Expensive Mistakes This didn't make as much difference in preventing stockpiling as I thought it would. BB2 rule is better imo.
Glittering Prizes (3rd-30k; 2nd-60k; 1st-100k + bonus ”trophy” re-roll counter) Change 1st to 80k, 3rd to 40k
Re-drafting USE
Which version of Piling On NAF/CRP
Argue the Call (require miniature?) Active but don't require a miniature

White Dwarf
Special Balls DONT USE
Special Refs DONT USE
Grombrindal and the Black Gobbo Not sure

Misc
Grak & Crumbleberry I haven't seen these guys in action but that kick skill looks a bit OP.
Special Play Card variants (from bloodbowl.com) BLECH (again)

Trophies/fees: Would people be willing to pay $15 a season instead of $10 & put the extra towards small trophies for the top 3 spots? Or do something similar to spike where we get 3 fairly nice trophies & do photo shoots with them each season?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, michaels said:

I can only comment on the rules I've read from the new stuff which is mainly the boxed set & DZ1. I read the Special Balls (hehe) thing & BB2 has pitch enhancements but I'm not sure they're the same as the box set.

Main Rule Book
Special Play Cards BLECH
List of all Star Players available (note New & Updated SPs in DZ1 & DZ2) CRP Star players

Death Zone 1
MVP (same rules in both leagues?) NEW RULES
Expensive Mistakes This didn't make as much difference in preventing stockpiling as I thought it would. BB2 rule is better imo.
Glittering Prizes (3rd-30k; 2nd-60k; 1st-100k + bonus ”trophy” re-roll counter) Change 1st to 80k, 3rd to 40k
Re-drafting USE
Which version of Piling On NAF/CRP
Argue the Call (require miniature?) Active but don't require a miniature

White Dwarf
Special Balls DONT USE
Special Refs DONT USE
Grombrindal and the Black Gobbo Not sure

Misc
Grak & Crumbleberry I haven't seen these guys in action but that kick skill looks a bit OP.
Special Play Card variants (from bloodbowl.com) BLECH (again)

Trophies/fees: Would people be willing to pay $15 a season instead of $10 & put the extra towards small trophies for the top 3 spots? Or do something similar to spike where we get 3 fairly nice trophies & do photo shoots with them each season?

You wouldn't even look at the camera at Ordo Bowl!?!? WTF do you care about pics? ?

• Like 1

Just a quick note. If you are planning on playing Goblins or Chaos Renegades, you will notice that the Ordo Bowl website has not been updated yet to include the new positionals. Please hold off creating either of these teams until I get the site updated. I will be fixing this in the near future and will make an announcement when the rosters have been updated. 

• Like 1

Re-Drafting my Dwarf Team (wanted to throw this up as an example):

• Start with 1,000,000
  • Games played (9) + 90,000
  • TDs during season (12) + 60,000
  • Cas during season (14) + 70,000
  • Treasury at end of season +210,000
  • Total to spend 1,430,000

My team value is right at 1430 (including FF). I cut my unskilled blitzer with a niggling injury and got a new one. I am still undecided if I want to add him as a free assistant coach (who still adds to TV). Since the team has only participated in a single season, I do not have to worry about any of my players wanting to retire. This leaves me with 70k I can still spend since my FF carries over for free.

• Like 1

A rules update: please redraft your teams even if you don't want to play them this season. It will be too difficult to do it again after season two. Also, additional monies left over after drafting can be used to buy players and coaching staff, but not fan factor and re-rolls.