Kings of War Summer Campaign!

Nick!

So, Mantic is doing a summer campaign, starting in Late July.  I have a good 4-5 people interested.  If we set up a bi-weekly game at Guardian, would that interest more folks, or is Kings of War dead except for my little group?

If it makes it easier, we can do some small point games in July for folks who want to try it out?  You don't have to play in a long term group- Kings of War is simple enough that if you want to take a 2 month break from another game, you can do that easily!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I have put in my request to Guardian Games.

Saturday, August 19th from Noon to 5 we will be doing 1000 Point games to kick off the Summer Campaign!

Haven't played Kings of War in a while/at all?  Don't worry!  Our team of highly trained nerds will be available to help teach you!

Let me know if you plan on attending.

15 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Put me down for a tentative yes.

Is the salamanders army OK to bring, since it is not in the official rulebook and all?

Says the guy with a winking triceratops as his avatar...

Salamanders are a-ok, as are all of the armies in Uncharted Empires.  One guy will be bringing his Twilight Kin, and that's off a pdf.

Well, he doesn't have one. So he will either build out a force of my lizard men or dwarves. He has played once or twice. He had an 8th edition army for 6 months or so, so he is relatively familiar with how it all works.

I am in a pretty similar boat as I have only played KOW a few times long ago. Thankfully, there are not that many rules to learn.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:56 PM, TheBeninator said:

Well, he doesn't have one. So he will either build out a force of my lizard men or dwarves. He has played once or twice. He had an 8th edition army for 6 months or so, so he is relatively familiar with how it all works.

I am in a pretty similar boat as I have only played KOW a few times long ago. Thankfully, there are not that many rules to learn.

I think this will be an excellent learning opportunity for you both!

If you are both bringing 'good' armies, it frees up Brother Glacius to bring his undead.  Huzzahs all around!

Any objections if I were to come by and play some games? We’re not meeting up for 9th Age this weekend, and I’ll be down at Guardian to pick something up, wouldn’t mind playing some KoW, if it doesn’t mess with the campaign :)

If unpainted is OK, happy to bring some Brotherhood or maaaaaaaybe some Abyssal Dwarves, if I can get them built. If need be, I can bring my Ogres, just kinda sick of them at the moment, heh.

14 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Any objections if I were to come by and play some games? We’re not meeting up for 9th Age this weekend, and I’ll be down at Guardian to pick something up, wouldn’t mind playing some KoW, if it doesn’t mess with the campaign :)

If unpainted is OK, happy to bring some Brotherhood or maaaaaaaybe some Abyssal Dwarves, if I can get them built. If need be, I can bring my Ogres, just kinda sick of them at the moment, heh.

You sure can!  Unpainted is fine- The Brotherhood has a very important role to play in the campaign...

• Like 1