1500 Point Sisters of Battle for OFCC Friday Event and SOB Rules Discussion

pretre

Okay, so I'm probably going to try sisters for the Friday event, so I'm going to noodle rules and lists here.

I won't post the links, but they are out there.

Some considerations that I'm making:

- Troops are largely useless from what I can see in 8th. Unless I'm trying to fill out a Patrol, battalion, etc. there's no benefit to taking BSS over Rets or Doms. Heck, Rets are the same price.

- Fire Points are dead. My old maxim of 'She who bails, fails' is no longer valid. At the same time, I can't move forward and then deploy to nuke someone. This severely constrains Dominions.

- Embarked auras don't work, so no putting any units in a vehicle and hoping their aura will affect someone else.

• Like 1

- Acts of Faith. Hoo boy. I am going to type out the rules for this since this will get nit-picky.

"Acts of Faith

Roll a D6 at the start of each of your turns. On a roll of 2+, one unit from your army with the acts of faith ability can perform an act of faith chosen from the following list. Some abilities may allow you to use more than one act of faith in the same turn; when this is the case, a different unit must be chosen to perform each Act of Faith.

Hand: The unit can immediately move as if it were the movement phase.

DG: The unit can immediately shoot as if it were the shooting phase.

Passion: The unit can, if it is within 1" of an enemy unit, immediately pile in and attack as if it were the fight phase.

Spirit: One model in the unit recovers D3 lost wounds, or you can return a single slain model to the unit with 1 wound remaining."

Okay, so one unit, anywhere on the battlefield with the AoF ability (which is just the infantry basically, Celestine, Canoness, Imagifer, Hospitaller, Dialogus, BSS, Seraphim, Celestians, Repentia, Mistress of Repentance, Retributors, Dominions) gets to do one of those acts per turn.

Now here's the fun part.

Celestine: "at the start of any of your turns, you can pick a friendly Adepta Sororitas unit within 6" of Celestine and perform an act of faith with it. This is in addition to the act of faith you are normally allowed to perform in a turn."

Imagifer: "Roll a D6 at the start of each of your turns; on a 4+ you can pick a friendly <Order> unit within 6" of this model and perform an act of faith iwth it. This is in addition to the act of faith you are normally allowed to use in a turn."

So both Celestine and Imagifer modify who is targetable by the Act of Faith special rule. Who, you might ask, in your army has the 'Adepta Sororitas' rule? Well, everyone I listed above, plus: Rhino, Immolator, Exorcist. Same is true for the Ordo special rule.

So, do Celestine/Imagifer's abilities allow you to Act of Faith people that don't normally get it?

Next, Disembarking says that it allows you to disembark 'before the transport moves'. If I move my transport before the movement phase, can I still disembark?

• Like 1

So basically, my advantages are my models are cheap as all get out (about 9ppm for most of my girls) and I can take multiple actions with some shenanigans. Do I think the Imagifer and Celestine were probably intended to bypass the AoF keyword? Nope. But is it a small gift in an otherwise lack luster army? Yep.

So, Dominions are fragile and can't disembark. What about using them as a 50 point add-on to an immolator?

Spearhead 1
Celestine and Gem - 250
5 Rets with 4 HB - 85
5 Rets with 4 HB - 85
5 Rets with 4 HB - 85
Imagifer - 40
Imagifer - 40

Spearhead 2
Canoness - 45
Exorcist - 160
Exorcist - 160
Exorcist - 160
Imagifer - 40
Imagifer - 40
5 Doms with Immolator (Immo Turret) - 153
5 Doms with Immolator (Immo Turret) - 153

So many attempts to fire retributers again and again... not sure you will want to get the immolators so close with out support... but something had to get out there and score...

So tough to noodle right now electronic files not my friend, I play this game for the real world experience while pretending. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

So many attempts to fire retributers again and again... not sure you will want to get the immolators so close with out support... but something had to get out there and score...

So tough to noodle right now electronic files not my friend, I play this game for the real world experience while pretending. 

Well, 4 Imagifers is 2 chances per turn on average to re-fire, plus the 2+ one. Celestine will probably use her own.

And, depending on where we land on Imagifers, the exorcists double fire as well.

And yeah, the Doms and Immos are out there to score.

Also while the doms have a few more wounds they are in the same location as the immolators and with the new everything can damage anything the small arms meant for the doms can react to the same location help pull down the transport then be in position to hammer the gals... seraphim could dance around the edge of the small arms fire and force spreading out or not being able to target... just thought and theory at this point. 

7 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Also while the doms have a few more wounds they are in the same location as the immolators and with the new everything can damage anything the small arms meant for the doms can react to the same location help pull down the transport then be in position to hammer the gals... seraphim could dance around the edge of the small arms fire and force spreading out or not being able to target... just thought and theory at this point. 

Oh, okay, I gotcha. Yeah. Doms are just REAL expensive for suicide squads now. Hmm.

Adjusting:

Outrider 1
C&G - 250
Exo with HKM - 166
6 Rets with 4 HB, Sup with SB - 98
Imag - 40
Imag - 40
5 Seraphim with 2 2xHF, Sup with CS - 79
5 Seraphim with 2 2xHF - 79
5 Seraphim with Sup with PP/CS - 62

Outrider 2
Canoness - 45
5 Rets with 4 HB and Sup with SB- 89
Imagifer - 40
5 Seraphim with Sup with PP/CS - 62
5 Dom with 4 Melta in Immo with Immo, SB  - 225
5 Dom with 4 Melta in Immo with Immo, SB - 225

So hilarious loophole.

Most named characters have a 'you can only take one of these in your army' note in their entry. Celestine doesn't.

Supreme Command Detachment 1
C&G - 250
C&G - 250
C&G - 250

Supreme Command Detachment 2
C&G - 250
C&G - 250
C&G - 250

6 Celestines, 12 Geminae, 1500 points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

You know this may be the edition to go flesh over steel. Just tons I bodies everywhere.

Yeah, I've been definitely thinking about it. You'll note that I've been getting more and more bodies into the lists as this thread has progressed. :)