Anybody have a airbrush for hire?

Not yet, but in the near future I will be looking to base coat some vehicles (possible the primus marines) with an airbrush.  I will probably get a airbrush setup in the future, but in mean time I was wondering if some one would base coat them for me in return for some cash

yes I know I can rattle can them.  But from my understand is I can get a smoother and thinner coat with air brushing.

Also would love to hear some opinions on airbrushing and what not

• Like 2

1 minute ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I don't live in Pvanc, so I can't offer up services. I do however encourage getting setup. It is a thing of beauty.

I plan on it, just with my recent investment into painting station and Pre-orders,  wanted to wait abit on another $300+investment lol

how do you end up using it? Primer, base coats, shading, etc... from my understanding people use it to their comfort level

I got my setup for 80 from Harbor Freight. I'm just starting, so I don't know crappy from grand, don't need to. Mine is dual action, paint and air control,  and has option to use gravity fed or jar fed. I've only used jar and like it. I haven't primed with it yet. I've done base coat and shading. Mind you, I'm using it on IKs, Bloodthirster, and vehicles at the moment, so can do more with it than I can on smaller models. I'm still going to try to use it as much I can on my Marines, both big and small.

1 hour ago, andy said:

Yup, this is another alternative. I got it, and added a Badger 105 brush, though the one that comes in the kit is fine for basecoating and rough highlighting.

Problem with this is that style of compressor is super loud.  Most of my free time to paint is at night when my kid goes down,  I can lt have the  compressor kicking on in the middle of the night lol

also im factoring build a table top booth to spray in too

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Problem with this is that style of compressor is super loud.  Most of my free time to paint is at night when my kid goes down,  I can lt have the  compressor kicking on in the middle of the night lol

also im factoring build a table top booth to spray in too

I have that compressor, and it is pretty quiet. In my office, with the door closed, you really can't hear it outside the room. I'd have had no problem running it when my kids were asleep, but YMMV.

1 hour ago, andy said:

I have that compressor, and it is pretty quiet. In my office, with the door closed, you really can't hear it outside the room. I'd have had no problem running it when my kids were asleep, but YMMV.

Hmm, I had heard that that type were loud... maybe I need to look into that

I ran mine from an air tank before I got my compressor.

$25ish eBay airbrush

Had an airtank already but they're cheap too. Boom, good to go. Gave me about 4 hours of spray time between fills and perfectly silent.

Forgot to ask, where you at? If you're in Tacoma area you can pop over and use mine. I'll walk you through the intro phase.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PourSpelur said:

I ran mine from an air tank before I got my compressor.

$25ish eBay airbrush

Had an airtank already but they're cheap too. Boom, good to go. Gave me about 4 hours of spray time between fills and perfectly silent.

Forgot to ask, where you at? If you're in Tacoma area you can pop over and use mine. I'll walk you through the intro phase.

Portland area, but thanks for the offer!