The Rotten Horde of The Mad Necromancer Japino

So In my mad quest to forge a AoS(& 40k) player base for Red Castle I've come up with a special event for the 24th. Trouble is I'm going to need help to pull it off as undead of my own/ I need a wopping 400 zombies and/or skeletons and a model to represent The Mad Necromancer Japino. A very big thanks to Pyre Warden. Hes already volunteered his 100 zombies. 

• Like 1

On June 7, 2017 at 7:27 PM, DasBox said:

So In my mad quest to forge a AoS(& 40k) player base for Red Castle I've come up with a special event for the 24th. Trouble is I'm going to need help to pull it off as undead of my own/ I need a wopping 400 zombies and/or skeletons and a model to represent The Mad Necromancer Japino. A very big thanks to Pyre Warden. Hes already volunteered his 100 zombies. 

Not really seeing a question here. Are you asking to borrow models? Or that you need help painting them?

5 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Not really seeing a question here. Are you asking to borrow models? Or that you need help painting them?

I See your point, some times I have a little trouble with text only communication. So much is lost some times. I am indeed hoping to barrow some undead hordes. Even better if their owners stick around to help me move their dudes.

1 hour ago, DasBox said:

I See your point, some times I have a little trouble with text only communication. So much is lost some times. I am indeed hoping to barrow some undead hordes. Even better if their owners stick around to help me move their dudes.

Have you seen those "Bag O Zombies" packs? http://www.miniaturemarket.com/tlc2023.html?gclid=CKKSpIu6sdQCFQ94fgodlBUJsw Not sure who stocks them locally, but I recall them being similar in size to warhammer models. GG had them at one point, and I think Bridgetown did to, back in the day, but not sure where to get them presently. EDIT: Amazon reviews of this product say they are 25mm, or so, in scale. So they look a bit off the GW minis, but that's still a very afforable able to get to your 400 zombie goal.  

I'm just starting undead, so I've got just the 10, or so, skeleton warriors. If I had more, I'd offer some. 

The Bag O Zombies are for the Zombies! board games. Decent enough sculpts but they are small when compared to most 25 mm scale models, let alone GW's "Heroic Scale" which is probably closer to oversized 32 mm these days (seriously the scale creep has gotten ridiculous over the years).

Most zombie minis on the market tend to be sculpts in "modern" clothes, in keeping with the general  zombie apocalypse / survival horror genre. Reaper, Ral Partha, and many others make more medieval/fantasy type zombies but they're generally in 1-2 model blisters.

The best source of fantasy type zombie hordes in useful scale and quantity for wargaming is probably Mantic's Kings of War undead line. Forty zombies for $40 USD:

http://www.manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/undead/product/undead-zombie-swarm-40-figures.html

• Like 1

@Ish@paxmiles The Mantic Zombies are a fantastic deal and if I didn't play Stormcast(Lawful Good Undead) I'd be all over that sort of deal.

@Pyre Warden Dude at this rate I'm starting to wounder if you pay dues to some kind of necromancer's guild.

I was going to post a WIP shot of Japino's tower but my phone wont even send stuff by wifi right now. Its being built off of a Pringels can. Special mini  on the 24th for the first person to guess what flavor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DasBox said:

@Ish@paxmiles The Mantic Zombies are a fantastic deal and if I didn't play Stormcast(Lawful Good Undead) I'd be all over that sort of deal.

@Pyre Warden Dude at this rate I'm starting to wounder if you pay dues to some kind of necromancer's guild.

I was going to post a WIP shot of Japino's tower but my phone wont even send stuff by wifi right now. Its being built off of a Pringels can. Special mini  on the 24th for the first person to guess what flavor.

I was really into vampire counts in 8th. I have a huge lot i just want to get rid of. If anyone knows anyone that wants a death army stupid cheap tell them to hit me up

8 hours ago, Pyre Warden said:

I was really into vampire counts in 8th. I have a huge lot i just want to get rid of. If anyone knows anyone that wants a death army stupid cheap tell them to hit me up

If you have any metal models, I'm at least interested.