R.I.P. Batman :(

WestRider

1 minute ago, Romans832 said:

WOW!
I'd love to see Batman as he was dreamed in 1939 as a dark gritty character. I'd rather play him than play the game.

ROFL love the quotes

The first couple of stories, before the movement that led to the Comics Code caused the editors to insist on reining it in, are available in some of the collected editions. They're an interesting read.

• Like 1

When my mom was in college, Adam West's Batman was the thing to watch. The TV room in the dorm would be packed on Tuesdays to see the first half to see the show and on Wednesdays to see the second half on the same Bat Time, same Bat Channel. All the stars of the day wanted to be on the show.

My favorite Adam West moment, not when he was in Perry Mason, but playing the Gray Ghost in Bateman the Animated a Series from the late 1980's and early 1990's.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Raindog said:

My favorite Adam West moment, not when he was in Perry Mason, but playing the Gray Ghost in Bateman the Animated a Series from the late 1980's and early 1990's.

Yeah, great episode of B:TAS.

One of my my favorite shows that he worked on was a pilot from the early 90's. It was a campy detective show in the vein of the Naked Gun. The episode is free on youtube.

• Like 2

When I was a kid, my parents didn't want me to see the Batman movie that was popular in school, so they got me the Adam West Batman Movie of the TV show and said it was the new one. I liked it just fine, so no complaints.