How many flyers in a typical army?

I think it really just depends on which detachment (or combinations you take):

-Air Wing Detachment allows for 3 to 5 flyers

-6 other detachments allow you to take up to 2 flyers per.

Assuming you are playing by the "3 detachment limit" suggested by the rulebook, you could sprinkle up to 6 in if you stick to some of the more traditional detachments, or you could take 3 Air Wing detachments and get up to 15.

22 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

I think it really just depends on which detachment (or combinations you take):

-Air Wing Detachment allows for 3 to 5 flyers

-6 other detachments allow you to take up to 2 flyers per.

Assuming you are playing by the "3 detachment limit" suggested by the rulebook, you could sprinkle up to 6 in if you stick to some of the more traditional detachments, or you could take 3 Air Wing detachments and get up to 15.

I think there will have to be limits on the # of detachments you can take...otherwise things will get quite silly.

23 minutes ago, WestRider said:

They actually suggest different Detachment limits for different Points levels, which is cool. For the most part, tho (1001-2000 Points), we're looking at three Detachments, yeah.

That is really cool! What is their suggestion at 5k ish? I wanna play apocalypse and just use wysiwyg and power level. 

4 hours ago, Edosaurus Rex said:

How are you managing that? They are a minimum of 188 points once you pay for the Hades autocannon and the Heldrake claws (you know, because stock equipment costs extra now). Baleflamers cost even more!

You could just fly them around and play warhammer duck hunt for an hour. Get your own little kid to point and laugh as you fail to kill them.

• Like 1