5 things you learned so far 40k 8th

10 hours ago, pretre said:

The contention: The pistol and assault weapons do allow you to fire your pistol when you shoot, but the rules for shooting say that the unit can't even be chosen during the shooting phase if they advanced or are within 1". So the pistol rules should say something like 'a unit with pistol weapons can still be chosen to fire during the shooting phase but can only fire pistol weapons.'

This. One rule says they can't be chosen. The other rule says they can fire. That doesn't null out. I'm sure the intent is there. Just a shame the wording doesn't work out.

• Like 1

Just now, Brother Glacius said:

This. One rule says they can't be chosen. The other rule says they can fire. That doesn't null out. I'm sure the intent is there. Just a shame the wording doesn't work out.

Yeah, at a game I would let pistols fire and assault shoot, but it still needs a faq.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chexmix said:

I looked through the rulebook, but couldn't find a ruling about Missiles. My Lightning Fighter has six Skystrike missiles that don't have the one use only rule. Can I shoot six missiles a turn, every turn? Or is there a maximum number of weapons that can be fired?

Unless it says otherwise, yeah, you can shoot them all.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2017 at 5:20 PM, andy said:

Marines in cover are like freakin' cockroaches. You just can't get rid of the damned things.

You're going to really have a lot of fun* playing against Raven Guard...

*Disclaimer: No actual fun is implied or promised. Void where prohibited.

• Like 4

Just now, Munkie said:

I learned I'm an idiot and have been taking a "battalion" detachment for my 1500 point OFCC list, but I only had 2 troops units. Now I have to decide if I want to run 2 vanguard and/or outrider detachments, or paint 4 more models before the OFCC. 

I might have to take away that A+.

5 minutes ago, Munkie said:

I learned I'm an idiot and have been taking a "battalion" detachment for my 1500 point OFCC list, but I only had 2 troops units. Now I have to decide if I want to run 2 vanguard and/or outrider detachments, or paint 4 more models before the OFCC. 

Just run two Vang/Outrider.

1 hour ago, Yarbicus said:

I might have to take away that A+.

You can try :angry:

The truly embarrassing part about it is I've already had that realization once when I was writing 2k lists. I just somehow never circled around to the 1.5k list I wrote first and corrected it. There I was, happily crossing items off my painting list and just somehow wasn't able to connect the dots. For a month. 

1 hour ago, pretre said:

Just run two Vang/Outrider.

Might could. Just feels so....unOFCC. Old dog, new tricks, I dunno. 

I wish the patrol detachment was the minimum force org of olde, and gave +1 CP. As it is, the troop tax on battalions is so steep that unless you play an army that has really solid troops choices, taking two specialized detachments for only 1 less CP is clearly the optimal choice. 

• Like 1