Space Wolf Primaris

Psilence

Having picked up the starter box I'm planning on putting together my new marines as part of the VI'th, the space wolves.

I'll be adding a few bits to 'wolf them up' and painting them in the dirty gray of the rest of my death wolf Co.

Just a little w.i.p. topic. :)

The models are a hybrid snap fit, in that you can position the head how you like, and if you were ambitious you could clip some pegs and get some different angles on the bolter arms.

As usual with the newer GW kits flash is almost non existent.  Other than the 'sorta' fixed poses I'm very satisfied with the plastic.

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

• Like 8

From the tidbits I've read (B&C) they actually have Russ/the helix in them.  I'm not sure if they were originally taken from fenris and put on ice, or if they are stock from another planet.  If they are from elsewhere I'd imagine them to be similar to the original 'Terran' legions before they were reunited with their primogenitures.

Either way they're wolves.  They do what they want :)

I plan to have a few beards running around in there :)

• Like 1

I started a second pack member while the first was drying.

While the space wolf power plant works, it feels a little 'light' compared to the primaris 1.  I think I can live with it though :)

They are the same size/scale, but the primaris one has a little more girth.

The helm is from Burning of Prospero.  It feels less tactical and more aggressive to me, right in line with the wolves background.  They will probably feature and some of his brothers as well.

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

• Like 5

The Long Fang stood up and walked into the light, out of the gloom that filled the border of the iron-wrought chamber. Giant figures stood or knelt all around the periphery, the colors of their armor proclaiming them as members of different Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes: White Consuls, Steel Confessors, Flesh Tearers, and more. All had been temporarily seconded to this crusader fleet and now filled the time between firing rites and tactical dogmas with the telling of tales. Brother-Sergeant Aethon of the Scythes of the Emperor had just finished telling of the Siege at the Giants Coffin. Now it fell to the Space Wolfs to speak and bind this brotherhood closer, that they might understand one another better to fight well when the battle came.

The Long Fang spoke softly but clearly, "I am Hardrada Stern-Eye of Schumacher's Pack. My arm is strong, my aim is true, my fangs and whiskers long. I am wise with the weight of years. I will tell you the saga of one of the Vlka Fenryka, the folk of Fenris, one of our greatest heroes..."

"His name was Snorri South-Paw."

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ish said:

The Long Fang stood up and walked into the light, out of the gloom that filled the border of the iron-wrought chamber. Giant figures stood or knelt all around the periphery, the colors of their armor proclaiming them as members of different Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes: White Consuls, Steel Confessors, Flesh Tearers, and more. All had been temporarily seconded to this crusader fleet and now filled the time between firing rites and tactical dogmas with the telling of tales. Brother-Sergeant Aethon of the Scythes of the Emperor had just finished telling of the Siege at the Giants Coffin. Now it fell to the Space Wolfs to speak and bind this brotherhood closer, that they might understand one another better to fight well when the battle came.

The Long Fang spoke softly but clearly, "I am Hardrada Stern-Eye of Schumacher's Pack. My arm is strong, my aim is true, my fangs and whiskers long. I am wise with the weight of years. I will tell you the saga of one of the Vlka Fenryka, the folk of Fenris, one of our greatest heroes..."

"His name was Snorri South-Paw."

Love it :)

I'll get his name on him somewhere :)

• Like 1

Snorri, South Blade, Son of Russ and Gray Hunter of Secs.

For a prototype he turned out well, although I spent way too much time on him :p

I'm really liking the new kits, it'll be fun to see these guys stomping around on the board.

I'll get some pics of him with his Great Co. tomorrow.

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_1177.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pretre said:

lol high resin base on an already tall model.

Modeled for advantage, bo-ya!  Its 1/4" cork from the craft store :)

With a normal marine on the 1/4" you can achieve similar height to primaris.  Might be a way to inter-mingle old and new and not have it look to weird.

• Like 2