8th ed games

Torg

Now that the new edition is dropped - and I have not played 40k in well over a year (maybe two) - I have picked up the new box (don't ask me why - I don't know lol).  The question for me begins, Where in the Portland region will folks be playing?... (ie. learning league).  Anyone looking to start something at Ordo game nights (tuesday... or sunday or ?).  I've changed jobs - now over to the WEST side... but similar hours.  I've slowly reshuffled my gaming time and It appears I will have time aside from the normal summer activities.

-d

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Torg said:

Now that the new edition is dropped - and I have not played 40k in well over a year (maybe two) - I have picked up the new box (don't ask me why - I don't know lol).  The question for me begins, Where in the Portland region will folks be playing?... (ie. learning league).  Anyone looking to start something at Ordo game nights (tuesday... or sunday or ?).  I've changed jobs - now over to the WEST side... but similar hours.  I've slowly reshuffled my gaming time and It appears I will have time aside from the normal summer activities.

-d

Games be happening all over the place man! WoW, Red Castle, GG, etc...

GG has two leagues on wednesday, casual and tournament. This month is just casual for 8th edition. Someone, khan I think, mentioned starting a 40k league at last nights OF/wow. you can ask for a PUG at of/wow and people will respond. 

Redcastle used to have a narrative league, haven't heard of it restarting. I've heard good things about Dice Age's league. The GW gamestore has been dry for play.

ok - BroG... I may be good with weekends - (not this next one - I am out of town).  Weeknights tend to be a problem for me because I get off work at 1:30 typically... (means I get to work at 5am ... which means... I am sleepy at 9:30 LOL).  Weekends I am typically more flexible for time.  Wow game nights would be good - but again - doors down there don't open too early - even harder to get a game in that early lol.

-d

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:45 AM, Torg said:

-d

I know Red Castle will be hosting 8th Edition focused play on Saturdays. I usually play there, and I fully intend on fielding my 40K for the foreseeable future.

I know GG runs stuff, but the players there tend to be tournament focused (even when they say "casual" it isn't). If this is something you are looking for, then I suggest GG. If you want things to be more lore focused and relaxed I would suggest RC or WoW.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2017 at 5:45 AM, Torg said:

-d

I have the same story. I am very rusty I have played very little in the last few years. I was a regular in 5th edition. I play for fun and am not into the tournament scene for 40k, to many bad experiences. I believe this edition will be fun.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 8:00 AM, Torg said:

sadly, 5pm leaves me searching to find things to do for hours (3.5) before those games.  Unfortunate - but I get off work at 1:30 ... 

My current job is out by 330 and I am in NW Portland. No idea how long it will take me to get to PGS from there.

14 hours ago, phyfor88 said:

I have the same story. I am very rusty I have played very little in the last few years. I was a regular in 5th edition. I play for fun and am not into the tournament scene for 40k, to many bad experiences. I believe this edition will be fun.

I stopped at the beginning of 6th so it has been 4-5 years for me. 

I am in the same boat a lot of you are, having not played for years and am looking to play casually. My schedule tends to be pretty open except when I am travelling, about once a month. Feel free to send me a message to schedule a game. 

I can meet at WoW or Guardian or if you want to come to Vancouver then Dice Age is ok for me too.

On 6/23/2017 at 3:09 PM, Sugarlessllama said:

I know Red Castle will be hosting 8th Edition focused play on Saturdays. I usually play there, and I fully intend on fielding my 40K for the foreseeable future.

I know GG runs stuff, but the players there tend to be tournament focused (even when they say "casual" it isn't). If this is something you are looking for, then I suggest GG. If you want things to be more lore focused and relaxed I would suggest RC or WoW.

GG has 2 leagues on wednesday. Tournament and casual. The prizes are across the board, warlord, painting, sportsmanship, and play. There is a prize draw at the end of the month and you can only win 1 item. When you win you get 2 tickets, the other player gets 1, 5 tickets for overall wins, painting, sportsmanship. Generally there are 5-8 prizes per league each month depending on how many people in the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peter.cosgrove said:

GG has 2 leagues on wednesday. Tournament and casual. The prizes are across the board, warlord, painting, sportsmanship, and play. There is a prize draw at the end of the month and you can only win 1 item. When you win you get 2 tickets, the other player gets 1, 5 tickets for overall wins, painting, sportsmanship. Generally there are 5-8 prizes per league each month depending on how many people in the league.

I may be joining the league,,finally,,been meaning to get into it for years but 6th and 7th sapped my desire to play.Probably going to hold off till after OFCC though.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Threejacks said:

I may be joining the league,,finally,,been meaning to get into it for years but 6th and 7th sapped my desire to play.Probably going to hold off till after OFCC though.

I may go back. . . Its been years for me. It is big and can be intimidating especially with those high level competitive players. Back during the end of 5th, they did not have a "Causal" league 

• Like 1